• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    This is a bit off topic but I was suggested to look at the tackle box for mosins about two years ago. Does anyone know if they still have surplus rifles? Particularly an m44 or any type of mauser? Its a bit more than an hour away from me so ive never actually been in the store before or know what the selection is like.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I bought 20 boxes of PMC X-Tac 5.56 at Tackle Box for $190 and a state trooper cleaned the rest out while i was there. So no more lol. It was all PMC. Didn't see any Mosins but didn't look really hard either.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I bought 20 boxes of PMC X-Tac 5.56 at Tackle Box for $190 and a state trooper cleaned the rest out while i was there. So no more lol. It was all PMC. Didn't see any Mosins but didn't look really hard either.

I was there a little before 0900 and bought 10 each of .223 and 5.56. I left them with 35 boxes of each. Meant to come back here and post current inventory levels, but no longer necessary. :innocent0

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    I was there a little before 0900 and bought 10 each of .223 and 5.56. I left them with 35 boxes of each. Meant to come back here and post current inventory levels, but no longer necessary. :innocent0

I thought they'd be gone even sooner. I've been stocking up myself. I may even have too much 9mm :)

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Seems like the Tackle box is starting to get in ammo more regularly. I have been by twice recently and bought quite a bit of 5.56, 7.62R and pistol ammo. They indicated that they also were expecting a shipment of Mosin-Nagants, For some reason that rifle is like M&M's. One is certainly not enough.

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    Seems like the Tackle box is starting to get in ammo more regularly. I have been by twice recently and bought quite a bit of 5.56, 7.62R and pistol ammo. They indicated that they also were expecting a shipment of Mosin-Nagants, For some reason that rifle is like M&M's. One is certainly not enough.

Any more details on this? I was thinking of stopping by for the first time today or tomororw!

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    Wow. That is outrageous!

But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

When I built my last rifle I started buying a case of ammor every month. Glad I stockpiled when it was still going for $5.50 a box.

Times are nuts.

Wonder if it's too late to get into reloading? Probably still a viable option.

Haven't shot my rifles in over a year - been waiting for my range to open back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom