Tactical Arms "Soul Reaper" anyone own or used?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    DID SOMEONE SAY "SOUL REAPER" BITCH'S

dave-chappelle-as-rick-james.jpg

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Some people simply refuse to follow experienced advice and think they can do better than what has been proven to work. The only thing that pisses me off is that these hacks building shit rifles get to stay in business because of it.

johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    For that amount of coin, you could have your pick of some pretty high end uppers (noveske, BCM, Colt, Daniel defense). Not worth taking the risk for some no name brand.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    For that amount of coin, you could have your pick of some pretty high end uppers (noveske, BCM, Colt, Daniel defense). Not worth taking the risk for some no name brand.

For what it's worth I ended up with a huldra mid length piston upper. Thing runs flawlessly.

M4 Gunny

Nov 11, 2013
    Huge thank you to MDShooters.com for giving TacticalARs.com the opportunity and ability to respond. Sir, with all due respect, unless you’ve held our product in your hand, we ask that you please withhold judgment until you do. If you would like to ask questions, by all means, we would welcome the opportunity to educate you on the testing that went into each one, the special forces from around the world that aided in the development of each and every upper we build and quality of everything we put out.

A bit about us, we only employ combat vets. Every member of our team is a proud Marine. The person who owns the corporation was fed up hearing stories about guys coming back from deployments and not able find work so he left everything he had spent a lifetime building and dumped every last penny and all his time, heart and soul into building this for the rest of us. He has now relinquished operating control as he battles terminal cancer and is recovering from a heart attack. He also never drew a salary and put everything back into his dream of making a small difference in this world and getting guys like me the chance to make something of myself here at home.

That being said, every product we offer was designed, built, tested and sold by Marines that probably know a bit more about our products than perhaps you do, how they need to perform, what they can and can't do and all have been not only tested by us at our proving grounds, but have also seen combat. There simply is no comparison between the technologies we have used to build some of the finest, battle tested receivers in the world and there is absolutely no comparison between a BCM or Colt. While both are great in their own right, it is an apples and oranges comparison. While we appreciate heavily laden sarcasm and armchair quarterbacking, please be responsible with them because your words do have consequences to us.

Also, for every single upper receiver TacticalARs.com sells to the military, online, or through our dealer networks, $25 is donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Every negative and inaccurate opinion that has been registered is taking food off the table for guys like me and money from an incredible charity that is helping my fellow brothers and sisters.

Semper Fi

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Huge thank you to MDShooters.com for giving TacticalARs.com the opportunity and ability to respond. Sir, with all due respect, unless you’ve held our product in your hand, we ask that you please withhold judgment until you do. If you would like to ask questions, by all means, we would welcome the opportunity to educate you on the testing that went into each one, the special forces from around the world that aided in the development of each and every upper we build and quality of everything we put out.

A bit about us, we only employ combat vets. Every member of our team is a proud Marine. The person who owns the corporation was fed up hearing stories about guys coming back from deployments and not able find work so he left everything he had spent a lifetime building and dumped every last penny and all his time, heart and soul into building this for the rest of us. He has now relinquished operating control as he battles terminal cancer and is recovering from a heart attack. He also never drew a salary and put everything back into his dream of making a small difference in this world and getting guys like me the chance to make something of myself here at home.

That being said, every product we offer was designed, built, tested and sold by Marines that probably know a bit more about our products than perhaps you do, how they need to perform, what they can and can't do and all have been not only tested by us at our proving grounds, but have also seen combat. There simply is no comparison between the technologies we have used to build some of the finest, battle tested receivers in the world and there is absolutely no comparison between a BCM or Colt. While both are great in their own right, it is an apples and oranges comparison. While we appreciate heavily laden sarcasm and armchair quarterbacking, please be responsible with them because your words do have consequences to us.

Also, for every single upper receiver TacticalARs.com sells to the military, online, or through our dealer networks, $25 is donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Every negative and inaccurate opinion that has been registered is taking food off the table for guys like me and money from an incredible charity that is helping my fellow brothers and sisters.

Semper Fi

While I commend you for coming here and "defending" your product. But in todays climates many have been burned by fly by night companies starting up to take "advantage" of the climate int he country. That being said some of your products appear to be uninspired but with enough bells and whistles to attract the uninformed.

I assume the quote below is yours from another forum.

Thank you for posting the question and all the responses/feedback. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to respond because many people that are unfamiliar with who we are have a hard time understanding the quality of the product we ship out, the integrity of our manufacturing process, the QC that goes into our material selection and the level of service we work hard to maintain. Unless you’ve purchased from us, you simply wouldn’t have any way of knowing so we understand that. That being said, since we launched our brand on a national level, we have yet to have a single complaint, which I think speaks volumes about who we are and what we do. Also, the growth we have experienced on the civilian side, causing us to open a second production facility to service the West Coast has been driven primarily by referrals and repeat business…

And I think we can all agree that our website is terrible at this time but that is because we are gun builders, not website designers... We’ve been focused on our customers and trying to keep up with demand and the site has suffered because of it. We’ve made numerous attempts to hire it out and as anyone that has tried can tell you, finding gun friendly designers is almost an oxymoron but we are working on it and appreciate everyone’s patience.

To answer the questions on whether you can build something similar at a lower cost, it simply cannot be done. The comparisons of product made above are apples and oranges. If you want to experiment and build your own, we are all for that! It’s the American way, right? But if you want a proven, Mil-tested, high end, reliable upper assembly that none of your friends has and you’re the only one taking out 6 inch targets at 1,500 meters with a 16 inch barrel, then you come to us.

Thank you giving us a looks and allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Semper Fi

TacticalARs.com

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

Semper Fi

If you want to defend your product, would you mind answering some questions for us? Maybe we could get a better idea of what kind of products your company is putting out. Anyone can make claims like "BCM uppers don't compare to ours" however BCM doesn't need to prove themselves. They've already established one of the best reputations in the industry and are backed by some of the biggest names in the industry such as Travis Haley. You can't just say your product is better than someone's. You have to build your reputation and let others speak for you.

Personally, I'd be a little weary about purchasing one of your products due to the amount of information given in the product description. Take the Soul Reaper for instance. What material is the BCG made of and is every part on it manufactured in the USA?

Another question I have about the Soul Reaper. Is that Gas Block pinned, clamped or set screwed?

Lastly, why would someone spend $1035 on the Soul Reaper when they could spend $1065 on the fallowing?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...HT-Centurion-p/bcm-urg-midlw-16-bfh-c4-12.htm

What makes the Soul Reaper better than the product I linked? What do I get from the Soul Reaper that I don't get from the BCM?

Here is what I know I'm getting from the BCM that I linked. A Hammer Forged Barrel. Arguably the most reliable BCG and Charging Handle in the industry and a high end free float rail that would cost me over $300 on it's own.

When I look at the Soul Reaper, it looks like I'm getting a $50 polymer hand guard. A BCG that I don't even know what it's made out of let alone who manufactured it and a standard $15 charging handle.

Again, if you could please explain to me. What separates the Soul Reaper from the product I linked?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Maybe he's like most people on this forum who read the first post and answer, while ignoring the rest of the posts :innocent0

This is going to end up like the thread over at M4Carbine where the owner of Battle Rifle Company tried explaining why he made the best AR's in the industry. Trust me. It didn't end up good for him and it probably ruined their reputation for ever.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    This is going to end up like the thread over at M4Carbine where the owner of Battle Rifle Company tried explaining why he made the best AR's in the industry. Trust me. It didn't end up good for him and it probably ruined their reputation for ever.

THe 2nd quote in my post was from another forum where he ducked the questions asked of him.

What really pisses me off is he tries and hide behind Vets like we will cut him slack since really there is no way to verify reliably.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Every Marine is a rifleman, but a rifleman does not an expert make.

This company charges a premium for a product that was built by Marines, but I do not see the cost reflected in the value of their components.

There are a whole lot of players in the business, and now that the craze is ending its a buyers market.

For this price you can get a Colt 6920 upper (631 shipped from Rat Works) and throw a very nice rail on it (no clue what those cost, 200-300?), donate $25 to the WWP and still come out ahead.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    He's right, you guys. There IS no comparison between BCM/Colt and whatever the **** he's selling, just like there's no comparison between a Yugo and a Nissan 370Z. The problem is that he's pulling his best used-car-salesman routine and trying to convince people that his Yugos are Porsches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom