• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    Information available here, along with hideous pictures.

fg_1z-tm-tfb.jpeg

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. A German firm ("Tactics Group") is developing it, and it's straight from the WTF files. To me, a collector who adores the more innovative and rarer WWII-era German firearms, it's an abomination.

What I don't understand is, if it's not a modern reproduction of the original, why bother chambering it in the obscure (edit: not so obscure after all, I guess...) 7.92 x 57mm round? It's like developing a tacticool'd Sturmgewehr and chambering it in 7.92 x 33mm, as opposed the more modern and affordable 7.62 x 39mm or .223/5.56. Freakin' lunacy...

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I don't get it.... The FG-42 was way ahead of its time, and so futuristic that a hundred years later (don't get your panties in a bunch, it's hyperbole) we get to "modernize" it by making it look like a steaming heap of dog poop with a rail????

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    I can understand why this would receive such a bad reception here. But as much as I want to be a purist when it comes to anything relevant to the FG-42, I'm just happy to see someone finally decided to breathe new life into it. The thought of even being able to own a semi-auto copy is enough to make me want one.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I hope that's not an original they messed with. Now we're gonna see tacticool shooters holding this like they do ARs with their arms straight out to the front site post. Leave the German weapons the way they were, actually do that with all WW2 firearms and antiques.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I can understand why this would receive such a bad reception here. But as much as I want to be a purist when it comes to anything relevant to the FG-42, I'm just happy to see someone finally decided to breathe new life into it. The thought of even being able to own a semi-auto copy is enough to make me want one.

i fully agree...and to be honest...take the rails off, and i bet it would actually look pretty good with just the synthetic furniture.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I hear it is getting harder to find good surplus but obscure? 8mm Kurtz is obscure but I have shot over 600 rounds of 8mm in the past 2 weeks. My friend has an online source selling 50 round bags for $15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom