• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I hear it is getting harder to find good surplus but obscure? 8mm Kurtz is obscure but I have shot over 600 rounds of 8mm in the past 2 weeks. My friend has an online source selling 50 round bags for $15.

I LOVE 8mm Mauser! My favorite big rifle round. Your right, definitely not obscure! Teeny bit harder to find than say...2007, but isn't everything nowadays? Gun Bunker had a ton of 8mm! Duffy's always has it too.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I hope that's not an original they messed with. Now we're gonna see tacticool shooters holding this like they do ARs with their arms straight out to the front site post. Leave the German weapons the way they were, actually do that with all WW2 firearms and antiques.

Yes and all handguns should be shot one handed... No need for that two handed grip! They didn't use it in WWII after all :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    i fully agree...and to be honest...take the rails off, and i bet it would actually look pretty good with just the synthetic furniture.

Rails or no rails, it looks great! And who knows, they could very well release models with wood furniture. Either way, I need to sell a kidney and start saving up :D

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    I want one, and I'm sure if it actually gets imported someone will do wood furniture for it, and I have 8mm from aim surplus that is new mfg from privi partisan I think they even do new production 8mm Kurz.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Looks okay to me. I wouldn't put the big money out for a "tacticool" version as fast as I would for a traditional copy, but that's just me. To each his own. I do find the claim that the recoil is going to be about the same as a .223 a little hard to believe though. My FN49 is a semi-auto in 8mm and it has a good bit more recoil than a .223, though not nearly as much kick as my 8mm bolt guns. That's how it feels to me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom