• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    Long story short, Regulations say 20# smokeless permissible to be carried in personal vehicle without special container, So in order to minimize Hazmat fee(50# limit) I get four other guys to go in on 25# purchase planning to take my 5# and deliver the rest upon arrival. Vendor said BATFE stopped delivery and his calls to local Firemarshall/BATFE indicated that MD is limited to 2# per household so don't ship.

I have email from Mont. Co Fire Marshall today saying both MD and Mont. Co, are 5# limit.

So my primers/powder are back in Indiana and bureaucrats are promulgating regulations based on personal motives.

lovely

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Is it worth a Lawyer?.....
    Write to your local Paper....?
    Letting it slide is one of the reason's "they" get away with that stuff....

Gotta draw a line somewhere, but it could be a very costly line...but then,
    what cost Freedom?

You be the Judge...

R

Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    I Have calls into Balt Batf and DOT as well, since the MD Firemarshalls office referred me to Mont' Co. Who has replied already. I have not received the denial documents from the vendor and currently believe he isn't the culprit.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, MD code does not prevent you from BUYING more than 5 pounds of powder. Just STORING it on your premises.

You can immediately load it, give to friends (bulk buy), transport out of state, etc.

BATF does have jurisdiction over a fire code issue.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Maryland does not limit you to 5lbs. Maryland code says that if you store over 5lbs in one place you need a license. The storage is governed by NFPA495 (per MD code) which says you can store up to 20lbs in original containers and up to 50lbs if you have a wood box. So if you pay the extortion fee to the fire marshal it's perfectly legal to have 50lbs in your house. Whether you have the license or not is a safety issues between you and the fire marshal - has nothing to do with regulating purchase, transport or ownership. You got hosed.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I Have calls into Balt Batf and DOT as well, since the MD Firemarshalls office referred me to Mont' Co. Who has replied already. I have not received the denial documents from the vendor and currently believe he isn't the culprit.

It's hard to imagine anyone being able to help you or even care if you don't want to name the vendor.

Snav

Feb 27, 2013
    Montgomery Co.
    I was promised the documents(shipping, denial and Contacts the vendor tried to work out the issues with) but nothing so all I can prove is: I ordered 2000 LR primers, 10# of longshot powder, 15# of H4831 and was charged $567 on the 17th of APR by Bass and Bucks [http://www.bassandbucks.com/] which was recommended by someone here a month ago. After several calls to get tracking(needed to be home, signature required) I got a few tales of mishaps and finally the story about the BATFE denial of delivery by carrier. My card was credited a week after the original posting even though I didn't get the info until the end of the month and never any contact initiated from vendor, SO I don't know.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, sounds like huge story to cover charging you for things that were not in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom