• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    When my wife's Mom found out that my wife got an hql she just got quiet for a while then talked about how dangerous guns are. That just made me speed up my acquisition process.

I can only imagine her reaction if she found out you have a driver's license. Those death machines kill far more people every day.

A family dinner on Kent Island, a group of OC Officers returning from the Harford Co Deputy's Viewing came in the restaurant to eat with their service sidearms. An HoCo in-law was so upset that the officers would bring loaded weapons into a public restaurant, they couldn't finish their meal and had to doggy-bag it home.

40's-plus year old woman in Edgewater Wawa during morning coffee rush saw a leo with holstered sidearm standing in line near her, clutched her chest and loudly exclaimed in fearful tone that she'd never seen a gun in real life before.

Imagine - these people vote.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I've been friends with a girl I went to high school with for years. I'm a conservative, she's a hard core liberal. Always leads to interesting arguments. Er, I mean, discussions.

After the riots she texted me to ask if she could "borrow a gun" so when she went to work at Hopkins she'd be safe. I had a great time explaining how her cronies in Annapolis would much rather she be mugged/shot/etc then be able to defend herself and detailed all the crimes she'd be committing if she were to just "borrow" one of my guns and carry it in to the city.

I hope it finally hit home how defenseless she really is. I also hope she's upset her own party does it to her and that there is no way it can be blamed on anyone but the Left.

Charlton Heston had a similar story right after the Rodney King riots. One of his liberal friends asked to borrow a gun and he said I can't legally do that. It was one of those laws you voted for a few years back.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Charlton Heston had a similar story right after the Rodney King riots. One of his liberal friends asked to borrow a gun and he said I can't legally do that. It was one of those laws you voted for a few years back.

I had a similar experience with some friends of the family in Canton just after the CVS burning last year. My response was "the politicians you voted for said you can't have them". They got pretty upset that I was blaming them when they just wanted to borrow a gun for self-protection. I explained that, as a law-abiding gun owner, I would not allow someone who had no understanding of them to handle my weapons, let along take them out of my sight. Unfortunately that was a quickish end to the friendship.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I have a small MOLON LABE with cross M16s on it on my car's rear window. I was driving in PA when some nut job in a Subaru pulls along side of me and starts yelling...I had the window up and couldn't hear him so I rolled it down and he's blasting me for being a "gun toting Nazi"...I rolled it back up and ignored him and he starts swerving his car toward me like he's going to cut me off....I pick up the phone to call the state police and he speeds up, pulls in front of me and brakes hard. I pulled into the other lane and watched as he lost control, spun 180 degrees and dumped his car into the ditch on the side of the road...I didn't bother calling the state police...Karma got him...

I generally listen to podcasts on my phone while I'm commuting to keep me calm and in the slow lane. The upside is that whenever I get a stupid person doing stupid things my phone is on, unlocked and ready. I just push the button to start recording and get a few minutes of video, just in case. Occasionally I also smile and blow kisses at them which makes them REALLY angry... :party29:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I've been friends with a girl I went to high school with for years. I'm a conservative, she's a hard core liberal. Always leads to interesting arguments. Er, I mean, discussions.

After the riots she texted me to ask if she could "borrow a gun" so when she went to work at Hopkins she'd be safe. I had a great time explaining how her cronies in Annapolis would much rather she be mugged/shot/etc then be able to defend herself and detailed all the crimes she'd be committing if she were to just "borrow" one of my guns and carry it in to the city.

I hope it finally hit home how defenseless she really is. I also hope she's upset her own party does it to her and that there is no way it can be blamed on anyone but the Left.

It might be an opportune time to offer to take her to a range for some shooting.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    It might be an opportune time to offer to take her to a range for some shooting.

I have actually, does not seem interested. She doesn't exactly follow a logical line of thinking. Wants to borrow one (illegally) to defend herself but doesn't want to actually learn how to use them. Say you ever did gain the ability to carry one, do you plan to carry it without knowing how to use it?

Plus my girlfriend might have something to say about me going to the range without her, let alone with another woman :lol2:

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I have actually, does not seem interested. She doesn't exactly follow a logical line of thinking. Wants to borrow one (illegally) to defend herself but doesn't want to actually learn how to use them. Say you ever did gain the ability to carry one, do you plan to carry it without knowing how to use it?

Plus my girlfriend might have something to say about me going to the range without her, let alone with another woman :lol2:

So... she wants a magic talisman that she can present to intruders who will then run away in fear...

What could possibly go wrong :innocent0

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

Joe Mantegna has one, too.

At about 2:20.

Also, the whole clip pretty much addresses the subject of this thread.

Also, also, this thread's title would make a good name for a horror movie. :)

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    A few years ago, a friend of mine at a local cigar shop asked me what I'd do if someone broke into my house in the middle of the night, to which I replied that I'd use deadly force.

He asked what would happen if it were a friend of mine. "Well, nobody that's a real friend of mine would break into my house, or even enter my house in the middle of the night without first notifying me that they're coming over."

"How do you know they broke in?" he asks.

"Because my doors are locked. So, if they're in my house, they're not there with my permission."

Fast forward a year and a couple of shootings, and he asks me the same question. I give the same response.

Mind you, this person isn't Anti-2A. In fact, he says he's deathly afraid of guns, doesn't want one, but staunchly supports my right to have them. He just wants nothing to do with them in his life.

-John

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Joe Mantegna has one, too.

At about 2:20.

Also, the whole clip pretty much addresses the subject of this thread.

Also, also, this thread's title would make a good name for a horror movie. :)

He has a good attitude. I'm not really interested in turning people in to gun people. I'm more interested in turning people in to "Liberty" people. If someone objects to the right of owning guns, why do so many think they need to turn them in to a shooter? I don't need to drink or consume narcotics, to respect the right of another adult who chooses to. His point that people abuse rights is a good argument, that is no reason to take them away from everyone.

Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    Sometimes it’s hard to tell fear from ignorance.

Some years ago, I was having lunch with a sexual assault / forensics nurse. She saw some of the worst things that happen in this city and testified against the people who did it. Because of this she said she was thinking about getting a gun.

I said that she might qualify for a carry permit and that I could put her in touch with some folks for training.

What do you know about guns, she asked? She sounded like she was accusing me of something.

Says I, I’ve shot some guns.

Pause. Then she laughed. Said I was full of it. That if I ever touched a gun I’d hurt myself. No, she’d talk to some cops she knew. They might even give a gun.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    A few years ago, a friend of mine at a local cigar shop asked me what I'd do if someone broke into my house in the middle of the night, to which I replied that I'd use deadly force.

He asked what would happen if it were a friend of mine. "Well, nobody that's a real friend of mine would break into my house, or even enter my house in the middle of the night without first notifying me that they're coming over."

"How do you know they broke in?" he asks.

"Because my doors are locked. So, if they're in my house, they're not there with my permission."

Fast forward a year and a couple of shootings, and he asks me the same question. I give the same response.

Mind you, this person isn't Anti-2A. In fact, he says he's deathly afraid of guns, doesn't want one, but staunchly supports my right to have them. He just wants nothing to do with them in his life.

-John

That's a pretty odd hypothetical that your cigar shop friend tossed out there. What would he do? Pour his friend a drink, then casually remark, "How nice of you to break into my house this time of night uninvited, unannounced, and unexpected. Would you like a cigar with your martini?"

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I have a small MOLON LABE with cross M16s on it on my car's rear window. I was driving in PA when some nut job in a Subaru pulls along side of me and starts yelling...I had the window up and couldn't hear him so I rolled it down and he's blasting me for being a "gun toting Nazi"...I rolled it back up and ignored him and he starts swerving his car toward me like he's going to cut me off....I pick up the phone to call the state police and he speeds up, pulls in front of me and brakes hard. I pulled into the other lane and watched as he lost control, spun 180 degrees and dumped his car into the ditch on the side of the road...I didn't bother calling the state police...Karma got him...

I love a story with a happy ending! :D

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    My wife has absolutely no interest in firearms or the least desire to learn anything about them. She is, however, a staunch defender of my right to own them and shares some amusing stories of her hoplophobic coworkers.

Sounds exactly like my wife...

But she can explain the difference between a semi auto AR and a full auto assault weapon... ;)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    My wife has absolutely no interest in firearms or the least desire to learn anything about them. She is, however, a staunch defender of my right to own them and shares some amusing stories of her hoplophobic coworkers.

My wife might be the same way if she hadn't been robbed at gunpoint by a drug addict. She's done NRA pistol training and likes going with me to the range. As soon as FSA2013 passed, she told me to buy whatever guns I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom