• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I got the hybrid. Shorter uptake. Shorter reset. Adjusted the overtravel to zero. Crisper. I actually put a heavier trigger spring in it. I might go lighter. I’ll play with it for a while.
    Easy to install? I've done quite a few apex kits in S&W, wondering how it compares.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Easy to install? I've done quite a few apex kits in S&W, wondering how it compares.
    I think it’s pretty easy. I’ve never done a S&W. I like the engineering of firearms, so I’m the idiot who detail strips everything, polishes engagement surfaces etc. There are some good YouTube videos on it. It’s very doable.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I think it’s pretty easy. I’ve never done a S&W. I like the engineering of firearms, so I’m the idiot who detail strips everything, polishes engagement surfaces etc. There are some good YouTube videos on it. It’s very doable.
    The wife and I both carry one, this is something I'll be doing soon...especially since she is talking of using hers in idpa occasionally.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The wife and I both carry one, this is something I'll be doing soon...especially since she is talking of using hers in idpa occasionally.
    I think it’s a solid upgrade. I initially put an M*Carbo flat trigger in it, but didn’t like it as much as I wanted to. Gray Guns puts out quality stuff.

If you have any USPs, their short reset trigger kit is amazeballz.

Last edited:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Hmm, SigTalk doesn't let me even view classifieds. (looking for spare parts) Does anyone know how mny posts I'll need? I see it takes 100 to start a new classifieds thread. I don't need to do that. I can't find any other info.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I know there is a minimum post count to *post* an ad, but AFAIK, if you're logged in,, you should at least be able to read them and you need 10 posts to view the ads. Looking for a slide assy, or just looking?

ETA: you need 10 posts to view ads there.

Last edited:

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I am loving my P365, I shoot it well, it conceals well, and goes just about everywhere with me that I can carry. I never expected to like AIWB but it does that well too with the Relentless Tactical leather holster I bought on Amazon (intending to carry at 4 o'clock but I like appendix better) after searching high and low for weeks for the right holster. I've even hung this holster off of the front of my gym shorts and can conceal it well in a t-shirt with 10 or 12 round mags. It also works well enough with my regular leather belt, though it's a bit better with a proper carry belt. I really like the metal clip and can easily take it on and off when the gun is holstered. The only issue with this holster is that it has a single clip, and while it is nice and wide, the holster rides low and there is no cant so it's not super easy to grab at times. This is great for concealability, but makes drawing a little more difficult, especially with the flush mag. This to me is typically worth the trade off, as long as you train with it.
    69083553988__A75AE1C9-F934-4F5D-ABCE-12DDDEDAE070.jpeg

I also have a DeSantis leather pancake OWB holster when I'm wearing a hoodie or longer shirt that is a little more comfortable, and holds very tight to the body so it doesn't print much at all. Additionally the can't is perfect as is the retention. I can wear this one with my regular leather belt too, but the leather squeaks a bit on my belt which is probably only noticeable to me. It of course does not do this with a nylon carry belt which is how I carry this holster most of the time.

IMG_2563.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg IMG_2565.jpeg

I am considering purchasing a BraDeC IWB holster which is extremely competitively priced and well reviewed. The company is owned by a friend of a friend and he makes these personally. I have been hesitant because I had a DeSantis leather holster that had some sharpish edges that dug into my leg when carrying AIWB so I may have the same issue with kydex. Additionally I don't want to worry about a kydex holster scratching my gun (unsure if that's a real issue or not). However, it has adjustable cant and seems to be very well reviewed. Also it's cheap and American-made so I'm sure I'll buy it soon.

I also originally purchased the Alien Gear Core Carry Pack but hated it and immediately sent it back. It was bulky, uncomfortable, and stuck out way too far from my belt with both pistols I tried with it (bought two shells). Their customer service was great though and they even let me keep the gun mat that came for free with the purchase.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    The Alien Gear stuff for the P365… pretty sure I now own everything they make for the 365.

And I don’t like any of it. Bigly disappointed. Quality appears to be high. The “fit” or ergonomics to my body just doesn’t work out. Not at all comfortable for me.

Switched up to a Blackhawk Serpa OWB and continue to watch reviews and commentary on OWB leather and IWB anything.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The Alien Gear stuff for the P365… pretty sure I now own everything they make for the 365.

And I don’t like any of it. Bigly disappointed. Quality appears to be high. The “fit” or ergonomics to my body just doesn’t work out. Not at all comfortable for me.

Switched up to a Blackhawk Serpa OWB and continue to watch reviews and commentary on OWB leather and IWB anything.
    FWIW, I like my Tenicor Certum 3 for IWB/AIWB. With a cant, AIWB is very comfy. I have a Galco Combat Master for OWB, and it’s also very comfy. I have a few other holsters for it, but those are my “go to” holsters and I’m not looking for any new holsters. At least, not for my 365.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Ordered both of your “go to” holsters, Dr. I’m sure I’ve now spent more on holsters than I have on the gun itself.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ordered both of your “go to” holsters, Dr. I’m sure I’ve now spent more on holsters than I have on the gun itself.
    Don’t hate me if you hate them!!!

The Tenicor clips are solid. If you need a set of loops, let me know. I ordered 3 sets by accident.

I’ve also spent more on the holsters than the gun.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    For the pistol to be as small as it is while handling the recoil the way that it dies the P365 is a phenomenal gun.

Buy one.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I may have said something similar before but Galco makes nice leather holsters in established styles without the wait from the custom makers.

Are they as nice as the custom guys, probably not. But if you aren’t sure what you like yet, my thought process was to get a few of them to try out. Just search all the usual sites for deals including eBay. Paying full price for a Galco isn’t a waste of money but prices vary widely for BNIB.

I primarily carry a j frame and like their pocket holsters. I’ve played around with the combat master and agree it is nice and comfy. Just got what they call their concealment holster. Similar to the combat master but supposed to keep the gun closer to the body and cut down on the belt bulge where the belt feeds through the loops. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

Also have a royal guard 2 (IWB) for the p365x which is similar to the popular Milt Spark summer special. Again not much time with it yet but it is nicely made.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I think it’s a solid upgrade. I initially put an M*Carbo flat trigger in it, but hated it. Gray Guns puts out quality stuff.

If you have any USPs, their short reset trigger kit is amazeballz.
    What did you dislike about the M*Carbo? I like mine.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What did you dislike about the M*Carbo? I like mine.
    It was a little softer on the break than I like. The Gray Guns is more crisp. I think the M*Carbo is better than stock, and at less than 1/2 the price of the Gray Guns is a solid value. I guess I shouldn’t say I “hated it”. I just didn’t like it as much as I wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom