• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Ok so Lou has some police trade in glock 22s and he wants 399 a great deal.

I hate glocks, they are like honda civics....however a reliable .40 for that price is hard to pass up.

I wanted to stay in 9mm since my other handgun is a 9.

Talk me out of this, is there something else out there in the same price range or should I put my glock hate behind me?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    It's a sickness, just plunk the money down & start planning your next purchase.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    how do you have this info? I have been awaiting lou's post all day about his recent aquisitions...what else do you know about. ps just buy it

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    What gen? You got me interested!!!! I just reformed to glocks again after a many year protest, got a 23 and 27 need the 22 for the trifecta!!!

I would say go for it!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I would pass personally, regular Joe Schmoe pricing is/was around 500 bucks for a Gen 3. Have not been in a gun shop in months to know of new production Glocks are available, and not being sold MSRP.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The advantage to a Glock 22 is you can get a Glock slide, barrel and mags and convert it to 9mm. Or you can get a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and some mags and convert it 9mm. And you can get a Glock 357 Sig barrel and shot 357 Sig.

But if I were you, I would go to the Timonium gun show this weekend, get there EARLY and beeline it to Lou's table. Maybe there will something there besides the Glocks.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    The advantage to a Glock 22 is you can get a Glock slide, barrel and mags and convert it to 9mm. Or you can get a Lone Wolf conversion barrel and some mags and convert it 9mm. And you can get a Glock 357 Sig barrel and shot 357 Sig.

But if I were you, I would go to the Timonium gun show this weekend, get there EARLY and beeline it to Lou's table. Maybe there will something there besides the Glocks.

Are you speaking of knowledge of things that were not in the shop this afternoon?

I know there is a xdm in 45 and he has some 1911 in 45 as well.

I guess the big thing for me is do I keep with the 9 plan or diversify?

A xdm in 9 is tempting....

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Talk you out of it?

I'm just like you. I don't like Glocks: they fit my hand wrong. I have two M&Ps already.

I don't need no stinking .40. My M&Ps are both 9mm.

I bought my Glock 22 from Lou last winter. Go for it.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Are you speaking of knowledge of things that were not in the shop this afternoon?

I know there is a xdm in 45 and he has some 1911 in 45 as well.

I guess the big thing for me is do I keep with the 9 plan or diversify?

A xdm in 9 is tempting....

Based on rumors. I went by the shop today and everything was already boxed up. Lou was on task so I didn't get any specifics.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Haha how do you like you m&p

I like the M&P very much. That's why I got two.

They feel much, much, much better in my hand than a Glock. Much better ergonomics. I like the reversible mag release, too.

The Glock is okay to have, but when I set it down and pick up an M&P, my hand says, "Thank You!"

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Glocks are like civics in a few ways: mexicans love them, they are reliable, and parts are everywhere. Also cheap.

Where they differ: Glocks perform. Civics fart and sputter everywhere barely achieving highway speeds after an hour. Glocks are more tough, built for hard use, and shoot great. I have a Glock 23 in .40 and it is my go to pistol. I absolutely love it. Some night sights, extended slide stop, extended mag release, and ghost connector and you are ready for anything. Add a Hogue grip and its zombie time.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    The G22 I bought "used" from Lou had a piece of tape on the case with "spare" written on it. Didn't look like it had ever been used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom