• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yup , I have astigmatism . 99.99% unnoticeable in regular life , but most red dots are unusable blobs .

But at the Timonium show , Precision had several mockups , two of which had Dot sights , and I picked them up and looked thru them.

They didn't suck nearly as much as other Dot sights , enough do that I wanted to test shoot them .

It may well be that the 2moa size was more significant than optic quality , but that's something I'd like to explore .

Any model number was subtle enough to not imeadately spot . Looking online , one of them was a 403 , the other was multiple times more expensive , but visually the same to my eyes ( for aiming) . One was red , one green , but they were equivalently less blury than typical , and the less expensive model would be conceivable price point for me to experement . ( Yeah , actual Aimpoint is the bomb , but can't bring my self for a red dot to be more expensive than the rifle it's mounted upon ).

So tell me about Holosuns . Tell me about plain old school 2 moa dots .

For the purpose of this thread , not so much interested in other options , my controling factor is my personal experience looking through these sights today . I am think binary in either trying a Holosun , or continued avoidence of red dot . ( And for context , I'm very comfortable with conventional Iron sights , so it's a meaningful bar for something new to match effectiveness , much less be an improvement .)

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    403 has 2 options for controls, 403b has buttons you push to activate, 403r has a radial dial you turn to activate. I have both and like the radial dial more than the button.

CR2032 battery, 50k hour battery life. I have astigmatism and both work well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom