• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    I bought one of the Taurus Model 82 police/security force trade-ins a few months ago. I put a hundred or so rounds through the revolver with no issues. Then I noticed that with minimal effort, the cyclinder could rotate clockwise as if the cylinder stop wasn't functioning properly or maybe the cuts in the cylinder were not deep enough. It didn't happen with all of the notches - some would allow only one clockwise rotation, some would allow as many as 3 clockwise rotations before the cylinder would stop. I checked 3 other revolvers that I have: two used S&W and a new Taurus revolver and none of them permitted the cylinder to rotate opposite the normal firing direction. I decided to send it off to Taurus to see what would happen. I received an email the day after they received it, and it was repaired and returned within 5 days or so. I didn't have a box for it, so I shipped it in bubble wrap. They returned it in a Taurus box, and it was nicely packaged, which was nice. It looks like they had cleaned and oiled it. The enclosed repair form noted 3 parts that were defective, and the action noted was adjusted (something like that - going from memory). Unfortunately the revolver still has the same problem with the clockwise rotation. Not sure if it is worth sending back again - especially since there have been no problems actually firing it. It seems as though they didn't even read the problem desciption I had enclosed with the revolver.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's about the best you can expect from Taurus as far as repair service. Does the cylinder rotate in full lockup? If not, don't sweat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom