• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Note from our Match Director:

The April TCSC IDPA annual CLASSIFIER match will be on Tuesday 4/17. Shooters may elect a Noon or 2PM show up time. If time permits, there may be the opportunity for a second run for those who want – either in the same division or a different division. The match fee is $10 for each run.

There will be no "New to TCSC" shooter class this month. Those new to TCSC IDPA - but who have an IDPA classification from another club - may shoot the classifier match without taking the "New to TCSC" shooter class.

Everyone is encouraged to pre-register for this match by sending the required information to Hoffdance@aol.com. By pre-registering, you help us make the match run smoothly by providing advance knowledge of how many shooters we will have, how many SOs we will have available, and how many set ups to provide. If you pre-register and then find you cannot attend, please let us know by email if you can.

Here is the information we need:
    1) Name:
    2) IDPA Number:
    3) Are you an IDPA SO? (SO-yes; SO-no)
    4) Will this be your first time shooting at TCSC IDPA (NEW SHOOTER; OLD SHOOTER)
    5) Preferred Show Up Time (NOON; 2PM)

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I would like to go, but why are all the IDPA matches only on Tuesday? Any plans to offer any matches on the weekend like the IPSC matches?

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Tuesday?!? I have to work to support my crack gun habit... How about Saturday at 11AM?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Usually clubs have matches during the week because all the weekend event slots are filled and some of them require that other ranges be closed for safety reasons. since TCSC has few events on Saturdays it is likely that is the day club members get unlimited access to the ranges. At MPC our SASS matches are on 2nd Tuesdays at mid-day. Another reason could be that the MD's work schedule works best for that. Also many clubs schedule their matches so as not to interfer with the same matches at other nearby clubs.
    I already don't have enough weekends to hit all the matches I would like. I have to prioritize them to do the ones that are the most important to me on that day. If I went to all the multigun matches I could work in I would miss most of my club matches and 2/3 of the USPSA pistol matches I currently do. As it is now I can do a USPSA and an IDPA match at Peacemaker on one day so I can hit other matches on other weekends.
    Also I work as a VA contractor from midnight to 8 AM 5 days a week so Tuesdays at mid day are fine with me.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    Tuesday?!? I have to work to support my crack gun habit... How about Saturday at 11AM?

The original MD worked Sundays so he started it Tuesday afternoons. We had a couple of Saturday matches with the total of all the Saturday match participants that could be counted on one hand. It sucks to set up 5 or 6 stages and then sit on the tail gate wondering where everyone is. We quit that and went to Tuesday only. The current MD works Sundays also. So just think of Thurmont as a match for the guy who works weekends.
    Come on out call it a mental health day! A “sick day” allergies are bad this year and your right eye is looking a little red and puffy.

Walt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom