• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Information from our Match Director:

Note: New procedure for registration - please read the entire message.

The match will consist of 12 stages (10 stages with a minimum round count of 74 rounds and two optional 12-round minimum scenarios stages that will be scored as a side match. The side match can be done with handgun or IDPA DMG rifle/carbine

Shooting in the Octagon will begin with this match for those interested. { This is something our MD has offered for those that wish to compete with their actual carry gear - e-mail chiphammond@comcast.net if you are new to TCSC and/or have not received the Octagon rules pdf file}

To register email Hoffdance@aol.com with the following 4 pieces of information:

A) [Your Name]
    B) Whether you will arrive (i) by [Noon) for the new shooter orientation at the clubhouse (If this is the first time you have shot IDPA at TCSC you must select this option); (ii) By [1 PM] and help with setup]; or (iii) by [1:50 PM] and not help with setup.
    C) Whether you are an IDPA Safety Officer [SO] {not SO]
    D) Whether you will shoot IDPA or OCTAGON [IDPA][OCTAGON] (if you shoot in the Octagon and your gear meets IDPA rules you can shoot in both, but register for the Octagon squad).

Pre-registration starts now. If you come to the match without pre-registering, you will be able to shoot only if we have a slot available.

Shooters who arrive by 1 PM and help with setup receive a $5 discount from the $15 match fee. Shooters who are selected to SO also receive a $5 discount. The discount is cumulative so if one helps set up and also serves as an SO the match fee will be reduced to $5. If you shoot the regular match, the side match is free.

If you pre register and then find you cannot make the match, please let us know –if possible - by email.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    How about some feedback on the new "Octagon" squad?

Who's shooting it? My primary carry holster is a OTW kydex.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Contrary to some opinion I do use my photovest as a concealment garment because I wear it around a lot when not carrying. People are used to seeing me wear it.
    This will also be the first competitive outing for my multigun AR in the sidematch.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I enjoyed meeting a bunch of MD Shooters today at TCSC. I learned a lot watching some great shooters! Hopefully I'll see you all again at the next match.

-Jim

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    This match had a great mix of stages and a reasonable round count. Next time if we could order some cooler weather that would be appreciated. Even with the heat it was fun and I was lucky enough to shoot on an excellent squad.

BTW Jim, your cover garment was very cool in person! :thumbsup:

Mike

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    BTW Jim, your cover garment was very cool in person! :thumbsup:

Mike
    Thanks Mike! I'll pass that on to my super crafty wife!

Can you explain what you mean by the Octagon?
    As it was explained to me, it's an effort to put more realisim and tactics into IDPA. Competitors were encouraged to use "real" concealment and "real" tactics while completing stages. I didn't shoot octagon as I have a hard enough time not getting proceedurals as it is.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom