• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Message from our Match Director:

The July match is this Tuesday. It should be a pleasant day with a predicted high of 83, 10% chance of precipitation, and high UV index. Water and sunscreen are recommended.

We've got five stages planned, one of them a carbine side-match (for a sixth stage).

Mandatory new shooters class will be held at the clubhouse at noon. Start time is 2:00 PM, with set up at 12:45 PM. If you can come early and stay late to set up and break down there is a $5 discount on the match fee.

Please email chiphammond@comcast.net to register and notify me if you are an SO and are willing to take a squad (this will also get you a $5 discount).

Reminder: For those shooting in the Octagon mark "Octagon" and "revolver" or "auto" at the top of the page of your score sheet. Circle an IDPA class and division ONLY if your gear is legal for IDPA and you would like to throw your had in there as well.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Message from our Match Director:

The July match is this Tuesday. It should be a pleasant day with a predicted high of 83, 10% chance of precipitation, and high UV index. Water and sunscreen are recommended.

Is this like the Ocean City forecast where its always sunny and water temp is in the 70's? The two forecasts I've seen for Thurmont on Tuesday say the high is 95 or 99 with 3 mph wind! :)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    What is the cost and what caliber is allowed for the carbines
    +
    Pistol caliber carbines or ARs shooting at least .223. You have to go on line and check the IDPA DMG rules. 4 classes, 2 rifle SSG and ESG, and 2 carbine SPCC and EPCC. SSG/SPCC is iron sights and ESG/EPCC is optics. Minimum SSG/ESG caliber is .223. Minimum SPCC/EPCC is 9x19mm.
    No extended or oversize magwells, no bipods, no lasers, and comp can't be more than 1" in diameter. No other recoil reducing devices (like internal butt stock type). no add-on weights. All magazine carriers, except pockets, must be mounted on a belt that passes through the belt loops of the pants (No comp only race belts)(max belt width is 1.75"). Max of 2 pistol and 2 rifle mag carriers on belt and must be in specific locations (see rules on line). Same rules on mag changes as pistols (behind cover and any mag with ammo has to be retained).
    If the last match was any indication then a red dot or iron sights is preferable to any CQB type scope.
    For anything else see the provisional IDPA multigun rules at: www.idpa.com

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    +
    Pistol caliber carbines or ARs shooting at least .223. You have to go on line and check the IDPA DMG rules. 4 classes, 2 rifle SSG and ESG, and 2 carbine SPCC and EPCC. SSG/SPCC is iron sights and ESG/EPCC is optics. Minimum SSG/ESG caliber is .223. Minimum SPCC/EPCC is 9x19mm.
    No extended or oversize magwells, no bipods, no lasers, and comp can't be more than 1" in diameter. No other recoil reducing devices (like internal butt stock type). no add-on weights. All magazine carriers, except pockets, must be mounted on a belt that passes through the belt loops of the pants (No comp only race belts)(max belt width is 1.75"). Max of 2 pistol and 2 rifle mag carriers on belt and must be in specific locations (see rules on line). Same rules on mag changes as pistols (behind cover and any mag with ammo has to be retained).
    If the last match was any indication then a red dot or iron sights is preferable to any CQB type scope.
    For anything else see the provisional IDPA multigun rules at: www.idpa.com

Good stuff, thanks!

DMG rules: http://www.idpa.com/rules_updates.asp

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Is this like the Ocean City forecast where its always sunny and water temp is in the 70's? The two forecasts I've seen for Thurmont on Tuesday say the high is 95 or 99 with 3 mph wind! :)

:lol: Well considering we seem to have a weather anomaly at the club grounds I would recommend bringing winter gear, rain gear, and short shorts just to be ready for any condition. :D

My weather check for Tuesday shows 85, mostly sunny, 10% chance of rain, and 4mph winds. So bring your snow boots.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Did this match happen? Chip emailed me Monday evening mentioning he was considering canceling due to the projected heat. Since I have a 90 minute drive and would have had to be there for the noon orientation, I decided just to let him know i wasn't going to show up.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I had two very hot training days this weekend in WV, so spending another hot day on the range wasn't #1 on my list.

I do want to try this sport.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Thanks to the match director , the SO's and everyone who helped. It was hot but I really had a good time today. I thought the stages were fun and challenging. Bummed I'm going to be on vacation for the next one.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    WOW that was HOT! Thanks to everyone who came out on a day that was way too hot. I want to thank my squad who picked up and ran themselves through because I was baked. Thank you to the few who stayed until all the stages were put away and all the trash emptied.

Walt

dpmd

Apr 2, 2010
    Montgomery County
    WOW that was HOT! Thanks to everyone who came out on a day that was way too hot. I want to thank my squad who picked up and ran themselves through because I was baked. Thank you to the few who stayed until all the stages were put away and all the trash emptied.

Walt

Nice meeting you, Walt. I was in your squad wearing the red shirt and mostly marking scores when not shooting. Sorry I took off after we broke down and policed the brass from our last stage. I had a family birthday dinner to get to last night. I'm looking forward to next month...thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom