• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the match is the classification and vice versa. assuming you're an idpa member, tcsc will send in your results and idpa will classify (rank) you based on how you stack up with everyone else across the USA shooting those same stages.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Joined idpa.
    I'm set.

I had a friend that I shoot with that wanted to come shoot but I just saw that there is no new shooter class that day.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I think you said that this event will conclude IDPA matches for the year. When does it start up again? TIA.

This typically is the last match of the year.

I'm working with the club to see if we can schedule a November date. If approved, this will be the IDPA Postal match. I'll post up the date & details if/when this gets approved. :thumbsup:

Here's a look at the Postal Match COFs:
    http://www.idpapostalmatch.com/home.html

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    FYI - I got approval to have the Postal Match on Novemebr 15th. As we get closer I'll post another thread as a reminder.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    normally when a club does classifier matches, they pick a few stages from a bunch of standardized stages. for the 'postal' match, each club runs the exact same (four, i think) stages so you can see how you did against everyone across the USA.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    normally when a club does classifier matches, they pick a few stages from a bunch of standardized stages. for the 'postal' match, each club runs the exact same (four, i think) stages so you can see how you did against everyone across the USA.
    That was my question
    Click his link for stage descriptions.

I understood what the stages were... I didn't understand why it was called a "Postal Match" None of the stages had anything to do with irate government workers :lol2:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah not sure why it's called 'postal' either as the stages didn't seem to have anything to do with post office or 'going postal.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom