• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Pot Smoke and Gun Smoke don’t mix
    Except for of course in Vietnam and Platoon.
    maxresdefault (1).jpg

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    The cited article is clearly biased, as the teens were killed for shooting at the homeowner who happened to be growing marijuana plants. The article should have delved more into the reasons why teens are carrying guns, the increase in crime due to marijuana, Castle doctrine, the effects of shot placement, and so on, but the writer was clearly undone by the failure of the DA to prosecute.

If Colorado is the new California, at least they don't have DAs like Gascon or Boudin (for now).

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Couple years back I met a doctor at a medical conference after she spoke about “medical marijuana” (written figuratively as I’m still a skeptic as to the validity of it being “medical” at all) who was involved in legislation, quality assurance, etc.
    I wouldn't say it's never of therapeutic medical value. I had a relative a few years back dying with stage 4 cancer who couldn't eat or take oral meds due to the nausea from chemo. Smoking weed relieved the nausea, allowed her to eat, and reduced her anxiety over the disease. For her particular disease, pot pretty much fit the definition of "therapeutic".

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I wouldn't say it's never of therapeutic medical value. I had a relative a few years back dying with stage 4 cancer who couldn't eat or take oral meds due to the nausea from chemo. Smoking weed relieved the nausea, allowed her to eat, and reduced her anxiety over the disease. For her particular disease, pot pretty much fit the definition of "therapeutic".

That's generally recognized. Its effect on appetite was known for a long time, that's why there was a FDA approved edible version available on prescription. Dying cancer patients and MS sufferers with neuropathic pain were the figureheads used to promote the concept of 'medical' pot, yet when it became available, there were long lines of chubby 25 year old gamers who had obtained their MJ card for a hangnail. Since then, now that the market has matured, it remains pretty clear that the bulk of 'medical cannabis' is sold to recreational users.

Dont get me wrong. I am for legalization of cannabis, heroin, PCP, meth, bath salts..... As long as I dont have to share the roads with the users and I dont have to employ them, I am a-ok if they never leave their house and pickle their brain. Oh, it should also be legal to shoot them if they become a threat, like eat peoples faces and stuff.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    That's generally recognized. Its effect on appetite was known for a long time, that's why there was a FDA approved edible version available on prescription.
    She wasn't able to take oral meds much of the time, so smoking was the only non-intravenous way to medicate. Yeah, I agree lots of recreation users have abused legalization for medical use, not all that different than those who abuse prescription painkillers.

clarencehenherder

MDS Supporter
    Aug 19, 2013
    Sussex County, Delaware
    The OP shall herein be known as a Delaweeny for his misleading thread title.
    Just thought it was funny that they were stealing MJ. I should have worded the title better. You are correct that it wasn’t the pot but the shooting from the shed

I am e joying the double entendres in the posts.

They were killed for shooting at the grower.

I am glad the homeowner was cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom