• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I'd veto it;

"Complete 40 hours of basic training in school policing and 40 hours of Peace Officer’s Standards and Training commission-approved training that is specific to school policing each year at the educator’s expense"

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'd veto it;

"Complete 40 hours of basic training in school policing and 40 hours of Peace Officer’s Standards and Training commission-approved training that is specific to school policing each year at the educator’s expense"
    Agreed. That is BS, esp every year.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I'd veto it;

Nope this should signed, and while they look to fund that part some way. I am sure there will be a lot of fundraiser opportunities to cover these costs.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Nope this should signed, and while they look to fund that part some way. I am sure there will be a lot of fundraiser opportunities to cover these costs.
    OK.

So why the extra scrutiny?

• Complete a background check

• Undergo a psychological exam conducted by a Tennessee-licensed health care provider

Do they have non-backround checked psychos in TN schools?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Doesn't take that much training to stay hunkered down in a classroom and shoot an armed person who may be coming through the door.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I'd veto it;

Hey, give teachers something to do in the summer when school's out.

Should be paid, though, or give them a bump in salary if they carry.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'm curious howmany hours police officers in the state have to do per year in self funded job specific continuing education.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    OK.

So why the extra scrutiny?

• Complete a background check

• Undergo a psychological exam conducted by a Tennessee-licensed health care provider

Do they have non-backround checked psychos in TN schools?
    How about a psych eval for anyone running for elected office? Hell even better, anyone in public service...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Leftists encroach and infringe on our rights bit by bit…taking another chunk each legislative session. There’s nothing wrong with turning this around…pass this now even if it’s not perfect. Next year improve it. Same strategy but pro-freedom.

Last edited:

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    If I were the TN GOP, I would troll the shyt out of the Left and include an amendment allowing the most responsible students to carry spare mags and ammo.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    For years the left has displayed mastery at getting small, sometimes seemingly inconsequential, wins, then coming back later to build on those wins. We need to do the same. We forego long game progress by making the perfect the enemy of the good. We've got to remember that this is a sausage makin' business.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's been fun blowing up antigun twitter as a teacher pushing for a legal pathway to carry at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom