• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I'm on my phone so I can't see it. Must be some bottle-blond blowhard biotch from the left coast somewhere.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Uummmmm... I believe she's on our side.

Still working on it here.

She seems to be Pro-Constitution and Anti-Government.

Unless the over the top sarcasm is throwing me off.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Of course she's on "our" side! Jeez, did you listen to her? Actually, she leans a bit toward an anarchist position, but she is very much a proponent of an armed populace as a check to State power. Some of her "facts" are a bit off, and she uses snarky sarcasm to make her point, but she insists that the people need effective arms to resist tyranny. She makes a good point at the end, that our rights do not come from a piece of paper anyway, but are natural and inherent.

Besides, the Founding Fathers knew we needed guns to hunt wabbits with.

Chriss613

Jul 21, 2012
    Hummm, well alright then. I was prepared to be pissed off at this video just by title alone, well played.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I think she us funny as hell, good stuff satire rocks. Then she makes her point at the end and it's a good one.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    LOL I jumped the gun almost as badly as you guys last week in a similar situation, so I know that feeling.

OTOH, yes the satire is clear, but it only preaches to the choir. Anyone who opposes the second amendment only uses the "it's old and irrelevant" argument as a pretense. The spirit and purpose of the amendment just doesn't agree with their sensibilities. Yes, the argument is BS, but you can't convince this person by comparing to other amendments.

EDIT: Moreover, I don't think it's very subtle or hard to see. In fact, compared to most famously powerful satire, where subtlety is king and adds to the power and humor of the message, this has all the subtlety of a gunshot.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    LOL I jumped the gun almost as badly as you guys last week in a similar situation, so I know that feeling.

OTOH, yes the satire is clear, but it only preaches to the choir. Anyone who opposes the second amendment only uses the "it's old and irrelevant" argument as a pretense. The spirit and purpose of the amendment just doesn't agree with their sensibilities. Yes, the argument is BS, but you can't convince this person by comparing to other amendments.

EDIT: Moreover, I don't think it's very subtle or hard to see. In fact, compared to most famously powerful satire, where subtlety is king and adds to the power and humor of the message, this has all the subtlety of a gunshot.

It wasn't satire. It was ridicule. Ridicule is more blunt than satire, but subtlety is no longer effective in today's discourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom