• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    Nothing really. Just moved into another house and I'm still unpacking. Once I'm settled in I plan to head to the range to dial in the 5.56 barrel. =)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    Better late than never, I suppose :)

Installed the 5.56 STD barrel and went to the range yesterday to dial it in and annotate windage/elevation changes from 300AAC to 5.56.

3" target at 50m, Meprolight M21 Reflex:
    1525735_10153668072580634_1495426565_n.jpg

3" target at 50m, MBUS sights:
    1488106_10153668072510634_2012033737_n.jpg

Very happy with the accuracy of both the Freedom Munitions 300AAC and LC XM855 5.56.

Not a single failure from either ammunition type, and about 180rds of XM855/ 90rds of 300AAC were expended over the course of 2 hours.

My only concern at this time is the charging handle. It's a reversible handle, but I found during firing with the XM855 that the handle would manage to free itself and would be lying on the table of the firing lane. This happened on three separate occasions. I did not experience the same issues with the 300AAC firing. I plan to write the manufacturer today to discuss the issue.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    Thanks for the report!

The charging handle working lose has been reported by others. Get in touch with Faxon and they should send you a modified replacement.

I am really interested in SBRing one of these, but there is so little info out right now. A medium contour 12.5" barrel in 5.56 and 300aac might push me over the edge.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    Thanks for the report!

The charging handle working lose has been reported by others. Get in touch with Faxon and they should send you a modified replacement.

I am really interested in one of these, but there is so little info out right now. A medium contour 12.5" barrel in 5.56 and 300aac might push me over the edge.

Keep us posted.
    Better late than never...

I contacted them per your information and received a replacement handle that same week. I had been out to the range a handful of times since, and the last trip out the handle worked itself off again. The next time I head out I will see if I can get it to work loose and will contact them if it does. I'm thinking its likely a combination of factors causing the handle to work free during operation. Rounds expelled+heat+lubrication+gas settings maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom