• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    I visited the Bank in Hdg. yesterday, it was one of the friendliest shops I've visited for years. They had a decent selection of weapons and very fair prices. I purchased an M&P 9mm and was told I could pick it up next Saturday. I left with a very big smile and felt like I did in better times (before Owe'Malley). This is in stark contrast to Continental that has been holding my previous purchase waiting the seldom seen ND. I have been a customer of theirs for awhile and they are irritated when I ask if their release policy may change. In the future my shooting supplies will come from the Bank, they are good people and I recommend them to anyone shopping for firearms or accessories.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    I was there yesterday as well. My friend bought a Ruger SR 45, and I bought a S&W M&P 15 sport a couple weeks ago, and picked it up in 8 days. By contrast I have another purchase at another FFL and am at 111 days today with seemingly no sign of picking it up

Feb 28, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I know this is so far out there, but why not threaten to cancel the sale? The rules are in black and white and I feel like these shops are walking all over customers.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I know this is so far out there, but why not threaten to cancel the sale? The rules are in black and white and I feel like these shops are walking all over customers.

They get to hang their hats on "May" release per the law...

When I got my lower, I certainly sought out and did business with an 8 day release FFL (this particular one, btw).

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD

The shop in question recently changed their release policy on the day my ND actually came in :sad20:

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    Picked up my M&P 9 this morning from the Bank in HDG. They did an 8 day release and made this purchase very satisfying. I plan on future dealings with these folks, they take care of their customers and the shop is a pleasure to visit. I can't say enough good things about the Bank.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Depending on my present FFLs response on Monday I may be going to the Bank and spending some money refunded to me :)

TD

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I still feel like I was rebuffed in that store ( Bank). As in "somebody was kinda rude to me". It is bothering me. This needs sorted and requires the other party to start.

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    Will go there on your recommendation.

I visited the Bank in Hdg. yesterday, it was one of the friendliest shops I've visited for years. They had a decent selection of weapons and very fair prices. I purchased an M&P 9mm and was told I could pick it up next Saturday. I left with a very big smile and felt like I did in better times (before Owe'Malley). This is in stark contrast to Continental that has been holding my previous purchase waiting the seldom seen ND. I have been a customer of theirs for awhile and they are irritated when I ask if their release policy may change. In the future my shooting supplies will come from the Bank, they are good people and I recommend them to anyone shopping for firearms or accessories.

I have one firearm at Continental (one of three I bought there this year). Never again will I wait for those bullheaded people. Especially that Ziggy guy, the Halloween creapie. :mad54:

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    What happened?

The mother (grandmother?) was the only one of the "gun ladies" there and was blunt to me. As an aspie, first impressions stick until proven otherwise. Of course some other gun stores are rude from beginning to end ( Continental), or are bipolar (Freedom Armory). For some reason I never had a problem at Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury. I think those guys like big women LOL. But I NEVER feel comfortable at gun stores regardless, except Gun Bunker, who proved to me otherwise. Mainly I liked Devin, who started it ( but since sold his part to the other guys and went to work with autistic kids from what I was told- Devin is an aspie like me). But Devin was friendly right up front.

For one thing- don't be a bitch at another woman just for saying "so where are the gun guys?", when it's an all female run store. I didn't know. Was my first time in there- and being me, it takes some courage to even go out in public or ask questions of strangers. If you are going to run a 9-5 store, get some congeniality.[/end_aspie_rant]

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    The mother (grandmother?) was the only one of the "gun ladies" there and was blunt to me. As an aspie, first impressions stick until proven otherwise. Of course some other gun stores are rude from beginning to end ( Continental), or are bipolar (Freedom Armory). For some reason I never had a problem at Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury. I think those guys like big women LOL. But I NEVER feel comfortable at gun stores regardless, except Gun Bunker, who proved to me otherwise. Mainly I liked Devin, who started it ( but since sold his part to the other guys and went to work with autistic kids from what I was told- Devin is an aspie like me). But Devin was friendly right up front.

For one thing- don't be a bitch at another woman just for saying "so where are the gun guys?", when it's an all female run store. I didn't know. Was my first time in there- and being me, it takes some courage to even go out in public or ask questions of strangers. If you are going to run a 9-5 store, get some congeniality.[/end_aspie_rant]

Devin is a good guy!! I was disappointed to hear that he was no longer a partner in the store. I think there were getting their FFL to gunsmith and mfg firearms

ko300zx

Jun 25, 2013
    Purchased my first and only gun (so far) from the ladies at Bank Gun and Pawn a few weeks back. They were pleasant, answered all of my questions as a clueless first-timer, and helped me with a transfer as they didn't have what I was looking for.

I stopped in a few other places before heading there and I felt like I was bugging people asking them the same questions these ladies gladly answered.

Will definitely stop back if I start to look for another gun.

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    The Bank has been good to me. 8 day release, and paperwork done in 10 minutes. I had been shopping for a new handgun, so I had the girl pull out like 5 or 6 while I gripped each one to see what fit best. No complaints from her. The young girl isn't the most outgoing, but answered all my questions without issue. Just had another gun shipped there today for another transfer.

FYI, they are closed for vacation starting tomorrow, until Friday. I think they are open next Saturday.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

You are absolutely right about The Gun Bunker. Love those guys. And they like you. Miss Devan, he was my first contact there. Know you got the PS 90 I had been mulling over and glad for you. CAn't speak for The Bank bt hear a lot of good things about them.

Apr 27, 2010
    I don't know who was rude to you or the circumstance but I am one of the owner's of the Bank and that is not how I feel we treat people. Please feel free to stop in again so we can talk about this. Diane

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    I stopped in a few weeks ago, "just looking", and came away (8 days later)with a new G21. I was treated with respect, all questions were answered with adequate technical knowledge and as soon as funding permits, I will be back for more!! Kinda refreshing...

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    I got a call from Donna today letting me know they had received my pistol from Continental. They have really been a pleasure to deal with in these trying times. I wish I had discovered them before the SB281 crap. My purchases last year should have been made there, my last pistol and future supplies with be/were purchased from THE BANK. I can't say enough good things about the store and the staff.

Bel Air Guy

Jul 29, 2013
    I picked up my last pre 281 pistol today at the Bank. Again they are the friendliest people, they made getting my purchase from Continental possible. I can't say the same for Continental. My future dealings will be with the Bank, I have recommended them to all my friends. I thank them for being a ray of sunshine in a cloudy state.

Chriscraft245

Feb 17, 2012
    I love these guys{girls}

Now awaiting my third item from these girls. I've been so impressed with their attitude during all this craziness. Their knowledge and friendliness has been better than any other shop I've been in. As for the person that had a bad experience with "fist impressions" maybe you shouldn't have started with "where are gun guys" and insulted them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom