• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    The problem was Mike could not win his own county, in two consecutive elections. He was very popular state-wide amoung republicans and 2A activists, but not well liked by the county he was supposedly elected to represent. People can bring up all the political tricks, and McCarthy, and Ghrist's strategy, but there is one simple fact Mike cannot run from: Had he won his own county, he would have been re-elected. Simple as that. His own constituents voted him out. Clearly he was no doing what he needed to in his own backyard.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I don't fault anyone for moving. Especially if you are following a good opportunity. You'd be dumb not to. If they pass a mileage tax here, I'll probably leave. I have a long commute already. I can get to my job with the same commute from PA, VA, and I think WV. I'd rather take my tax revenue elsewhere. While I'm here, I'll continue to do what I can. I know you feel the same.

I think the mileage tax will be the last straw for me as well. They already tax the rain, and my toilet flushes what will be next breath tax!

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    He admitted his beef with Smigiel was personal. All of this other stuff is just noise to cover that fact up:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3267892&postcount=45

While true I am showing why he didn't win reelection. As a DINO I could not vote for or against him

(2014) HB 870: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Toll Charges Paid by Chesapeake Bay Bridge or Hatem Bridge Commuters

(2014) HB 63: Sales and Use Tax - Exemption - University and College Textbooks

(2014) HB 75: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Retirement Income

(2014) HB 184: Estate and Inheritance Taxes - Repeal

(2014) HB 186: Estate Tax - Recoupling With Federal Law

(2014) HB 199: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 442: Income Tax - Subtraction Modification - Military Retirement Income

(2014) HB 457: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 458: Corporate Income Tax - Rate Reduction

(2014) HB 479: Income Tax - Military Retirement Income - Health Care Practitioners

(2014) HB 525: Estate Tax - Qualified Agricultural Property - Repeal of Recapture Provisions

There are more on the tax issue and the first one covers both tolls and taxes.

Since two that you mentioned are county wide issues, why aren't you bitching about the other Delegates that haven't "done anything" about drugs? Or the Senators from those Districts, since they have more "power?"

And out of the 10 plus bills here how many passed ? Zero he became ineffective he could not muster enough votes

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The problem was Mike could not win his own county, in two consecutive elections. He was very popular state-wide amoung republicans and 2A activists, but not well liked by the county he was supposedly elected to represent. People can bring up all the political tricks, and McCarthy, and Ghrist's strategy, but there is one simple fact Mike cannot run from: Had he won his own county, he would have been re-elected. Simple as that. His own constituents voted him out. Clearly he was no doing what he needed to in his own backyard.

They might of learned that from Mike , in the 12 election a smear campaign was done on Baynes . The PAC responsible for it refused to give financial disclosures (last I heard the state was threatening a suit for them ) The PAC in question had people in the PAC had long time ties to Mike . CC was not fooled and Mike lost that election too (to be a judge)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    While true I am showing why he didn't win reelection. As a DINO I could not vote for or against him

And out of the 10 plus bills here how many passed ? Zero he became ineffective he could not muster enough votes

Then everyone that signed on to those bills is ineffective since the bills didn't pass, by your logic. Which may or may not be the case. You do realize that there wasn't a whole lot passed this last session? Or are you one of those folks that think that every bill entered should be passed?

I get that you have a personal beef, but stop obfuscating and be a man and tell us how you really feel. Stop beating around the bush.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    They might of learned that from Mike , in the 12 election a smear campaign was done on Baynes . The PAC responsible for it refused to give financial disclosures (last I heard the state was threatening a suit for them ) The PAC in question had people in the PAC had long time ties to Mike . CC was not fooled and Mike lost that election too (to be a judge)

:innocent0

Attachments

• 1476023_10152104825893487_1120159329_n.jpg
      1476023_10152104825893487_1120159329_n.jpg
      75 KB · Views: 276

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Then everyone that signed on to those bills is ineffective since the bills didn't pass, by your logic. Which may or may not be the case. You do realize that there wasn't a whole lot passed this last session? Or are you one of those folks that think that every bill entered should be passed?

I get that you have a personal beef, but stop obfuscating and be a man and tell us how you really feel. Stop beating around the bush.

no simply stating CC voters ( again as a DINO I couldn't vote against him) . If he would of BEEN a little less loud and work with the others some of his bills might of passed

Be nice about Mike , I got a weeks vacation for bad mouthing him . Some of his supporters are saying that three candidates on the ballot was dirty because it stole votes from him , but "his" friends start a PAC and run a smear campaign against his opponent is so clean. SMH

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They might of learned ...

... If he would of BEEN ... bills might of passed...

Okay, I just can't take any more of that.

They might have learned ...

... If he would have BEEN

... bills might have passed...

Those phrases are contracted as:

They might've learned ...

... If he would've BEEN

... bills might've passed...

Do you see how that works? That form is called a contraction..

The apostrophe represents one or more letters which have been left out.

In these cases, the first two letters of "have" are dropped to more accurately reflect the way the phrase is normally spoken in informal speech.

When you see a contraction, ask yourself, "What letters have been dropped? What is the uncontracted form?"

This will help you avoid the common confusion between "your" and "you're".

The second is of course a contraction of " you are".

I can't ("can not") understand why so many seemingly educated people make that mistake. I've ("I have") become convinced that contractions are no longer taught in the elementary schools. I specifically remember learning this in the first grade.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/contractions.htm

Edit to add:

I tried to read this:

It gave me a headache and left me frustrated and confused. The writer failed to achieve his goal of communicating with me and convincing me.

Frogman, I really don't ("do not") like to be a Grammar Nazi or some fussy old English Composition critic, but you're ("you are") never going to reach your potential to persuade anyone if you can't be bothered to improve your ability to express yourself. At the very least, read over everything you write and give it a quick proofreading.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    So instead of 5 pages, almost 100 posts about how/why Mike lost, how about a thread on how to get Hogan elected or Delegate "x" elected?

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    I don't fault anyone for moving. Especially if you are following a good opportunity. You'd be dumb not to. If they pass a mileage tax here, I'll probably leave. I have a long commute already. I can get to my job with the same commute from PA, VA, and I think WV. I'd rather take my tax revenue elsewhere. While I'm here, I'll continue to do what I can. I know you feel the same.

Yup, I am out of here very soon. Just completing the purchase of a place in Southern VA. I am not leaving MD simply because of 2A issues but also because of financial considerations, the liberals are driving the folks that pay for all their crap out. It won't end well as evidenced by the State's dismal economic ranking. If I thought there was a snowball's chance that the political tide could change I might stay and fight but after living here for 23 years I am pretty confident that PG, Balt. County and Mont. County will always screw the rest of the State over. Sad state of affairs as I like MD but not enough to keep seeing my civil and property rights eroded.

I have no doubt that in VA I will have to keep an eye on some of the same issues but for now it beats the snot out of MD.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

They might have learned ...

... If he would have BEEN

... bills might have passed...

Those phrases are contracted as:

They might've learned ...

... If he would've BEEN

... bills might've passed...

Do you see how that works? That form is called a contraction..

The apostrophe represents one or more letters which have been left out.

In these cases, the first two letters of "have" are dropped to more accurately reflect the way the phrase is normally spoken in informal speech.

When you see a contraction, ask yourself, "What letters have been dropped? What is the uncontracted form?"

This will help you avoid the common confusion between "your" and "you're".

The second is of course a contraction of " you are".

I can't ("can not") understand why so many seemingly educated people make that mistake. I've ("I have") become convinced that contractions are no longer taught in the elementary schools. I specifically remember learning this in the first grade.

http://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/contractions.htm

Edit to add:

I tried to read this:

It gave me a headache and left me frustrated and confused. The writer failed to achieve his goal of communicating with me and convincing me.

Frogman, I really don't ("do not") like to be a Grammar Nazi or some fussy old English Composition critic, but you're ("you are") never going to reach your potential to persuade anyone if you can't be bothered to improve your ability to express yourself. At the very least, read over everything you write and give it a quick proofreading.

Well it's been 30 years since I left high school . Rereading what I typed yes the grammar errors are there but my points are still valid.

So instead of 5 pages, almost 100 posts about how/why Mike lost, how about a thread on how to get Hogan elected or Delegate "x" elected?

I did post some (not sure if it was in this thread) . The old guard in Maryland don't want to try new ways , but will b!tch when things don't go their way.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

:lol::lol2::lol2:

Yup, I am out of here very soon. Just completing the purchase of a place in Southern VA. I am not leaving MD simply because of 2A issues but also because of financial considerations, the liberals are driving the folks that pay for all their crap out. It won't end well as evidenced by the State's dismal economic ranking. If I thought there was a snowball's chance that the political tide could change I might stay and fight but after living here for 23 years I am pretty confident that PG, Balt. County and Mont. County will always screw the rest of the State over. Sad state of affairs as I like MD but not enough to keep seeing my civil and property rights eroded.

I have no doubt that in VA I will have to keep an eye on some of the same issues but for now it beats the snot out of MD.

Yep, same reasons here, 2A is not the most important for my preparing to leave.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep, same reasons here, 2A is not the most important for my preparing to leave.

It will be all the other stuff that drives me out. I'm blessed in that I can get a job pretty much anywhere. Particularly in more rural areas of the Country where I would prefer to live. I can make more money in a region where the cost of living is significantly cheaper, people are nicer, Rights are respected......wait, why the hell haven't I moved yet? :sad20:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    It will be all the other stuff that drives me out. I'm blessed in that I can get a job pretty much anywhere. Particularly in more rural areas of the Country where I would prefer to live. I can make more money in a region where the cost of living is significantly cheaper, people are nicer, Rights are respected......wait, why the hell haven't I moved yet? :sad20:

I was going to ask you the same question! :D

Wife and I would have left this hellhole years ago if it weren't for jobs here. I'm on more of a 10 year exit plan...barring a gun registration or some other insane gun grabbing event. The taxes alone are enough reason for anyone to leave. When the government taxes toilet flushes and rain, it is time to hit the road. I'm sure many other states are happy to welcome ex-Marylanders and their taxable income.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA doesn't suck. Yes they need doctors here!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What is keeping us here are our parents. They are into their mid-late 70's and having health issues. We live within 5 miles of both sets of parents. We can't leave the general area until they are gone (which will hopefully be a while). We can live in PA an still help out. Once they are gone, I'm moving west. Idaho, Montana etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom