• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    You mean getting it back to working order or is there visible damage?
    You can try Moren Jewelers in Silver Spring, they would be able to do it. 301-588-5549
    Rob Moren is the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ive always wanted a 19th century silver pocket watch. Some i see might need a little maintenance some are not working at all. Just trying to see how much this might cost me. Ill give that place a ring. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ive always wanted a 19th century silver pocket watch. Some i see might need a little maintenance some are not working at all. Just trying to see how much this might cost me. Ill give that place a ring. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

They have some old pocket watches there and TONS of vintage watch parts.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Anyone try the About Vintage watches? I am NOT a watch guy but some of their chronographs excite me.

1815_STEELWHITE_BROWNLEATHER_1400x.png

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Well they end up being sub $300 after all the exclusive deals of course.. as there could never be an honest price...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Steinhart watches from Gmomon are great value. Wonderfull Swiss automatic movements from all the top suppliers and a great selection of homage watches.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/collections/steinhart

Yep. Used to have a Nav-B but sold it last year.
    I loved it but it was 44mm and I’d only wear it a couple times a year so it was time to move it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Need some help. I saw this ad and I really like the watch. The company is a CA based designer, probably rebranding Chinese crap. Who makes a quality quartz watch in this style? I've seen Seiko automatics like that but I don't own a winder so autos are out for me. Doesn't have to be identical but legible numbers, preferably a hackable second hand, bonus points for a 24 hour ring and date. Shouldn't be huge, black watch face, green canvas/ NATO strap.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-03-03-20-07-26.jpg
      Screenshots_2022-03-03-20-07-26.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 131

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Need some help. I saw this ad and I really like the watch. The company is a CA based designer, probably rebranding Chinese crap. Who makes a quality quartz watch in this style? I've seen Seiko automatics like that but I don't own a winder so autos are out for me. Doesn't have to be identical but legible numbers, preferably a hackable second hand, bonus points for a 24 hour ring and date. Shouldn't be huge, black watch face, green canvas/ NATO strap.

Just curious, why are autos out without a winder? If you're wearing it everyday you won't need to wind it at all. Besides, winding just takes a few seconds when you need to actually do it.
    I probably have 20 automatic watches and a few manual winds and don't own a winder. My daily wear watch never needs winding unless I'm on vacation or a long weekend where I'm wearing something else from the collection.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

MVMT watches are exact models from Alibaba.com with a logo on them.

There are YouTube videos exposing these Kickstarter clowns.

There is no bigger rip in the world of watches than MVMT.

Vincero is prob a close second.

Seiko, and Citizen make good quartz watches if that’s what you want. The citizen ecodrive is neat for what it is, and worth its price point.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Just curious, why are autos out without a winder? If you're wearing it everyday you won't need to wind it at all. Besides, winding just takes a few seconds when you need to actually do it.
    I probably have 20 automatic watches and a few manual winds and don't own a winder. My daily wear watch never needs winding unless I'm on vacation or a long weekend where I'm wearing something else from the collection.

I wear digitals for work and around the house. I have two analogs that I alternate if I need to look slightly fancier. This would be a weekend watch in all likelihood.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I wear digitals for work and around the house. I have a two analogs that I alternate if I need to look slightly fancier. This would be a weekend watch in all likelihood.

Other than the pic you posted, not sure what your taste is but I have a Hamilton Khaki mechanical that will last almost 80 hours on a full wind. Great watch and very quick and easy to set.
    b29bdf618ced2d63e8184c945d0d746d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom