• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Didn't see this posted.

My Senator Getty emailed an AG letter that post 10/1 pickup of an 'assault weapon ordered befor 10/1 is okay.

D'Oh, it's a dupe of this:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=126785

Getty-AG.jpg

wiseguy813

Jul 11, 2011
    Lexington Park, MD
    Does anyone know if we will still be able to ship "banned" firearms back to manufacturers for warranty repairs? Either didn't see it in the breakdown or didn't understand it and didn't want to read 613 posts. Thanks

Sent from Galaxy S4

dww

Jan 21, 2013
    I would like to get a confirmation that if I am a resident of MD and have handguns and rifles on the regulated and/or assault weapon list that there is no requirement to register them if they were purchased before 1 Oct 2013. Are these all grandfathered in?

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I would like to get a confirmation that if I am a resident of MD and have handguns and rifles on the regulated and/or assault weapon list that there is no requirement to register them if they were purchased before 1 Oct 2013. Are these all grandfathered in?

I guess you didn't read #7 on the first post of this thread....

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD

Yup, looks like you will be good.

dww

Jan 21, 2013
    I did read it, but it says, "Assault" weapons and "copycat" firearms possessed as of October 1, 2013, will be "grandfathered" in, with no registration requirement,". I asked the question because it does not mention 'regulated' firearms which includes all handguns as well as assault weapons and copycats firearms. Maybe my interpretation was wrong but that is why I asked the question.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I did read it, but it says, "Assault" weapons and "copycat" firearms possessed as of October 1, 2013, will be "grandfathered" in, with no registration requirement,". I asked the question because it does not mention 'regulated' firearms which includes all handguns as well as assault weapons and copycats firearms. Maybe my interpretation was wrong but that is why I asked the question.

That is because handguns are not banned after Oct 1, "assault" weapons and copy cat weapons are banned after Oct 1 and hence if they are owned before Oct 1, are grandfathered and not banned.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    Number 8 of the original post says any regulated weapon brought into the state will need to be registered. So looks like you will need to register them. Registration is switching from optional to mandatory for regulated weapons after oct 1.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Number 8 of the original post says any regulated weapon brought into the state will need to be registered. So looks like you will need to register them. Registration is switching from optional to mandatory for regulated weapons after oct 1.

Registration only applies to those moving into the state of MD and establishing permanent residence after Oct 1. If you are a current resident you ARE NOT required to register any firearm after Oct 1.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    Registration only applies to those moving into the state of MD and establishing permanent residence after Oct 1. If you are a current resident you ARE NOT required to register any firearm after Oct 1.

Correct. Ah I see now he's not moving. Getting too many threads mixed up lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom