• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If a piece of lint will prevent it from firing g with this device, a piece if lint would stop it without it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The device provides an opening and additional parts that the gun doesn't normally have.

Here's a pic of a borrowed striker fired Ruger that I cleaned recently. The top half was just as crudy as the frame. This gun ran flawlessly in this condition. If you think a bit of lint will stop you, think again. If lint or dirt did get into the openings of this devise, the only effect it would have in the most extreme dirty condition would be that you would not be able to push the mechanism into the safe position, the striker would not be impeded.

I'm not saying I'm for or against this devise, but give at least a little thought to the scenarios presented. There's no area more open to debris than a 1911 carried with the hammer back, yet we don't hear of horror stories about them failing to go BANG when the trigger is pulled.

Harley Davidson didn't think riders needed heat shields between their thighs and the top of the motor, nor did they need LED lighting, they made plenty of money selling special heavy duty filament replacement bulbs. When after market companies began making money hand over fist selling these items, both of these items became standard on the appropriate models for the shield and all models across the line for the lighting.

Attachments

• DSC02405.jpg
      DSC02405.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 384

RationalGun

Jan 24, 2012
    NoVA
    There's pictures at the link of this device after I guess about 4k rounds and no cleaning. I'm not much for cleaning weapons.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'd be happy to be the BETA tester for this forum. I do not own a Glock at this moment, but have a G19 & a G27 on the way. I won these guns in a charity raffle to fight diabetes. I also have my own range and can and do shoot any time I wish. I am not a Glock person. Maybe that will change, maybe not. Send a sample and I'll crank off a thousand rounds then give my assessment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RationalGun

Jan 24, 2012
    NoVA
    I'd be happy to be the BETA tester for this forum. I do not own a Glock at this moment, but have a G19 & a G27 on the way. I won these guns in a charity raffle to fight diabetes. I also have my own range and can and do shoot any time I wish. I am not a Glock person. Maybe that will change, maybe not. Send a sample and I'll crank off a thousand rounds then give my assessment.

The device is far past beta stage and has been thoroughly wrung out for four years by competitive shooters, LE, military, and regular folk. The OP is the de facto tester for this forum. The device is now ready for the big time, next Friday it will go on sale for $55.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    You're not modifying factory safety features, you're adding another safety feature.
    Poor choice of words. I see no need to ADD additional safety features to a perfectly safe gun, nor do I believe it should be modified.
    State in your own words which safety feature from Glock is being modified here.
    See above, change the word "modify" to "ADD" a safety feature to an already safe gun.

I am not bashing either of your choices, your decisions just aren't for me in this particular situation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Do they make one for driving and getting in the tub? I really need more safety to make up for my negligence.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It sounds like thier heads won't like it, but I bet their legs will.

Tell all the folks with Glock leg that they are "perfectly" safe.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Only the ones that weren't careful in the first place.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I believe this gadget would solve that issue.

Frankly I think better trigger and holster discipline would solve this problem. The fact that this never happens to 99% of people carrying Blocks tells me that the problem isn't with the weapon.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Frankly I think better trigger and holster discipline would solve this problem. The fact that this never happens to 99% of people carrying Blocks tells me that the problem isn't with the weapon.
    That 1% is still a big number. Just looking out for them. Not worrired about the disciplined folks or the ones who can't have accidents.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If you need a safety, buy a gun with one built in. Use a 1911, buy a Beretta or something else. Why add another step to a gun that was designed to be safe and simple?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom