• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    I called to ask them if they could install a free float hand-guard (because I don't have the tools) and the guy said yeah no problem, then I proceed to tell him I need to remove the front gas block and he cuts me off saying that it's way too difficult and they can't do that. Long story short, I buy some big channel locks and use my punch set and the job was done no problem. For a shop that advertises to have gunsmithing services I wasn't impressed.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I buy my firearms and some accessories from Sang Run Sports Shop. Over 2 hour drive, but I go up to deep creek once a month. No store in Frederick offers the quality service and pricing. I can go in chit-chat for over an hour not buy anything and it's still all good. I can order a gun, not pick it up for a month and it's still good. Once, I bought a o/u 12ga. It was pretty stiff, so they asked me if they could smooth it out and oil it for me. I said yes. Probably spent close to an hour on it...no charge. I buy a set of rings bring in my own scope, they mount it and bore sight it...no charge. THAT'S QUALITY SERVICE!

I went in to the GunCenter to see what all the gripe was about. Guy asked "you looking for something?" I replied "Hi, I'm just browsing" and I was ignored the rest of the 15 min I was in. No other customers in the store. WOW.

I was in GunConnection several months ago just to check them out. like 20 people in the tiny little store. Within 1 minute, I was welcomed, asked if I had any questions or if I wanted to see something, let them know. Good service. I couldn't believe how owner (forget his name) knew so many names of the customers as they were entering and leaving. THAT'S QUALITY SERVICE!!!

BassPro service stinks, but not as bad as GunCenter.
    Walmart, can't comment only bought bullets.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    GunCenter has a long history of sucking on many levels. I can assure you I know of this first hand and know a handful of people personally (my brother and other close friends) who went in there one time and will never go back. I think the owner died a while back and I am not sure what the status of the shop is today. Perhaps things have changed. Even if they have, I will never bother trying to find out until their prices stop being absolutely ludicrous. I have seen gun quotes from them above MSRP and I'm not talking about hard to find items.

w10ring

Sep 29, 2010
    Quality customer service and Great Price

You ought to try Stateline Gun Exchange in Emmitsburg, Md. It's open every evening and a great gun shop. BW

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Tell me more about Stateline Gun Exchange. I've never seen or heard...but been through Emmitsburg a several times.
    Good staff? Good selection? Reasonable prices?

1969Vette

Jun 10, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Tell me more about Stateline Gun Exchange. I've never seen or heard...but been through Emmitsburg a several times.
    Good staff? Good selection? Reasonable prices?

I've also heard good things about Stateline... I understand they're open off-hours since the owner runs it part-time (like Gunrunners - another excellent shop IMHO).

w10ring

Sep 29, 2010
    Stateline Gun Exchange

This is Bob from Stateline. Give us a try and you won't be disapointed. We are a small gunshop in Emmitsburg, Md. on main street 4 doors up from the fire hall. we have a good selection and can get just about anything you want. I am a certified colt armorer for ar's. Our prices beat everyone's without a doubt. Usually I am here after 11am, our hours are 5pm to 8pm m-f, 9am to noon on sat. We do alot of gun raffles, have a good stock of firearms, do transfers, and custom ordering. Stop by, you won't be disapointed. We are on the internet at statelinegunexchange.com

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Went to GC today again to see about their G26 and SW MP9c.

G26 $710
    MP9c $670

Something wrong here?

I informed him that "I'm motivated, can you do better on the price"
    Answer in quote "the price on tag is the price of the gun"

The guy was more courteous today than my last visit though.
    He actually asked me to hold on while he finished up another customer and that he'd be right with me. This time, he took out the weapons I wanted to see and informed me that he is a retired police officer and that he carried a Glock all his life but recently switched over to the MP9 full size. But I couldn't get over the price...!

Customer service: 4 out of 5
    Price: 0 out of 5

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    This time, he took out the weapons I wanted to see and informed me that he is a retired police officer and that he carried a Glock all his life but recently switched over to the MP9 full size. But I couldn't get over the price...!

Customer service: 4 out of 5
    Price: 0 out of 5

Next time your there ask him his opinion on people having a CC Permit...What his head explode.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Oh, he did say something...could have been more positive about it rather than criticize it. But that's his personal opinion and he has the right to such thoughts...so I can't rank customer service based on that. If he was out right rude to me, then it would have effected my rating on customer service. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll go back since my budget for pistols should be below at least a bit below MSRP.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Mancheechee -
    Try Gun Runners.
    If he doesn't have the gun in stock he will order it.
    I have had very good luck working with Bob.

Chris

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Chris,
    I think they are really awesome in customer service.
    Very friendly too. Pricing is acceptable.
    Here is the thing...
    I've been to GunRunners few times and both times I tried to buy a gun, it was already sold just haven't taken out of the display and another one on hold for another customer for next day (said the customer is a regular and wanted to hold it for him). But that does say something about the store. That they take care of their usual customers. I was bummed cause they had a really really good deal on a Kahr 45acp perfect for carry. But that doesn't rule them out and I will definitely go back there one day. Parking is also horrible sometime...and I live maybe 12 minutes from them! Maybe I'm just lazy to walk a block.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I understand.
    When I teach Basic Pistol classes I send my students to Bob because he is personable. I tell my students to pick a time when he is not busy and go ask questions. That said... There are a NUMBER of regulars that are there each night. Selection is fair but not great. I go because of the relationship and because when you ask him a question he listens.

As for parking... Yea.... If you are coming down Patrick Street I try to hit the lot on the right about a block after his shop. After 5 pm. i parking in the reserved parking since the business is closed.

Good Luck.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I have someone that maybe interested in taking a class from you. She is new with firearms and needs instruction on how to fire a pistol. She's had folks take her to ranges and help her decide on a pistol already. She just needs good solid instruction from a certified/recognized instructor.
    what's your schedule like after next week?

guess you could email me or pm with pricing details etc.
    Also, do you know any certified one-day hunters course instructors?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've had no good experience there either...called asking for trigger work to be done on my rifle, boy was that joke. He got really defensive and was arguing with me over the phone about trigger work. Needless to say I wont purchase anything from that store again.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I don't know why a lot on the board have a problem with them. I have always had a good experience in the GUN CENTER. But than again I do realize they need to make money and stay in business. Some here think they should loose money just to make them happy.

Speed- Go there instead of calling on the phone I bet they have a lot of tire kicking bullshiters calling all day long they cannot be expected to take every phone call serious .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom