• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Their store, their rules. :crazy::indiffere

My option whether or not to submit to such absurdity.:sad20::tongue01::outta her

I can understand that the long waits are tying up considerable assets of such small businesses and I certainly sympathize. I can understand where they're coming from (maybe) but just the same (with apologies to the OP), those who do agree, deserve what they get... or don't get. Especially at this crucial time, anyone making their living in the gun trade who would heap additional BS on the already onerous process is not a friend.:cool:

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I'll sell you a 36 for whatever they charged you minus a couple bucks because it's used and if you're disapproved I'll give you your money back.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    It boggles my mind that people shop at places like that. I've blacklisted other gun stores for much less.

They are located just off Fort Detrick, so they have a nice steady stream of young soldiers that walk off base for the first time and immediately find a gun store. Prices I've seen have been above MSRP and they give (I believe it was) a generous 10-15% military discount, so with discount these young soldiers pay about MSRP on their new guns. This leaves the soldiers thinking they got a deal, and plenty of money to keep a large stock. They don't play nice because they don't have to, the money is coming either way.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    This environment will bring out the worst in people and showcase bad business practices and crappy dealers.

When things get back to normal (someday) remember who has treated you good and who hasn't. I've made some new relationships with good FFL's that I hope will last years.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    They could have at least used Word instead of notepad.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    Their store, their rules. :crazy::indiffere

As long as their rules abide by the law, I agree with you 100%. I have shopped at this store before and never had a problem, so I feel pretty confident that in the end I will get my item.

However, from here on out, I may take the extra 20 minutes to drive out to Mt Airy.

I'll sell you a 36 for whatever they charged you minus a couple bucks because it's used and if you're disapproved I'll give you your money back.

!!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Seems to me they stand to make a lot of "free" money if they "accidentally" fill out the paperwork incorrectly. I smell legal action against them in the near future.

eospeed

Jan 21, 2013
    Frederick
    Ive lived in Whitter now for 14 years so Ive been to that shop alot. It is pretty bad some of the employees are nice but others are...........They also have a 1 box ammo limit per customer and gun prices off the chart. Not a good shop drive to VA to buy and use Mountain View Gun Center for transfers.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Check the industry partners forum and pick a shop from there you may have better luck. I'm currently dealing with the Gun Shop in essex and they have been very cool to me. I was in there a few weeks ago and some jackass customer was clearly annoying the guy behind the counter. Knowing I had a question for him I figured his frustration might carry over to me but he was very pleasant and I think they offer a transfer discount to forum members :thumbsup:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I always knew The Gun Center was a bit off when I saw their prices on Mosins back in September/October. My god, for the price on one from TGS back then, I could have bought a Mosin and a box of ammo from yellowsled, here in the classifieds during the same time.

When I am seeing an AK variant going for 300+ more than Bud's and 200+ more than anywhere local, that is a problem. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

The last time I went in, I was looking for an AK variant. Beer boy didn't listen to me when I was up front about just looking at AK's. All kinds of pushy and when I had to tell him 5 times that I was just looking. He got pissed and refused to speak to me any further, other than to tell me to leave and come back when I am ready to buy and not waste his time. Last I checked I was just getting into AK's and just looking and I said as much from the first minute. That kind of attitude and their prices are why I sincerely hope to god they go out of business. They are giving FFL's/gunshops in Frederick a bad name.

Cycle

Jul 29, 2010
    I haven't been in there in a long time for the same reasons already stated several times. Just another reason to never darken their door.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    They are located just off Fort Detrick, so they have a nice steady stream of young soldiers that walk off base for the first time and immediately find a gun store. Prices I've seen have been above MSRP and they give (I believe it was) a generous 10-15% military discount, so with discount these young soldiers pay about MSRP on their new guns. This leaves the soldiers thinking they got a deal, and plenty of money to keep a large stock. They don't play nice because they don't have to, the money is coming either way.

And this policy is a good way to end up on the Post Commander's off-limits list. At the very least, let the word percolate through the NCOs, they'll see business drop off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom