• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Yes biodegradable BBs are available. Airsoft guns can be had pretty cheap. Ar style ones are common. I have a combat machine raider by G&G and it has been great. It was under 200 dollars at the time.Adding mags and BBS it was just over 200. I bought from evike.

It also has full auto which is fun

The plastic 'iron' sights were not great and airsoft optics are more for looks than function so I put a real Sig Romeo 5 on it and it is quite accurate now.

Last edited:

JKM525

Feb 7, 2022
    Thinking about getting back into airsoft too. Used to have a blast back in the day. I'm sure there's way cooler stuff these days.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    The Mrs. is a fan of the KWA ATP and Tokyo Mauri MP5sd for the Squirrel mobs. She's got a new Bug-a-Salt ready for this spring too.
    Biodegradable pellets I think were from amazon last time.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Check the current laws of your area. In my part of Monkey County, I risk becoming a prohibited person when I fire hickory nuts from my sling shot.

Mr H

Banana'd
    We looked at BPS, and I came away thinking much of what they had was overpriced (plus, no bio pellets)

I may have to make my first trip to Wally's in almost 2 years...

Worst case I'll just give her my wrist-rocket with peanut M&Ms ;)

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    We looked at BPS, and I came away thinking much of what they had was overpriced (plus, no bio pellets)

I may have to make my first trip to Wally's in almost 2 years...

Worst case I'll just give her my wrist-rocket with peanut M&Ms ;)

Big box stores aren't going to have much. There are some airsoft stores here and there that will have a much bigger and better selection but online is probably the easiest route.

I got this one. Currently $218 for the package with one battery, charger, and one mag. There are cheaper ones but this price range can get you into something that is pretty good quality in airsoft.

https://www.evike.com/products/33557/

bio bbs: https://www.evike.com/products/40412/

bb weight depends on the velocity the gun is capable of but for decent quality guns .20 -.25 grams or a little heavier have done well for me. Some of the ultra cheap junk guns need .12 gram bbs but dont buy those. You need more weight to have any accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom