• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Meah, I think the prices will still be high, I'll wait awhile.

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014
    Everyone jacked the prices up last time because they were convinced Hillary was going to win and then ban everything. If prices are still the same or higher, I'd be curious to hear what the excuse is.

Anyone care to post some ammo prices on here if they see them at the show today??

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I think I'll head over this afternoon. Can't wait to feel the mass hysterical happiness and relief at the outcome of this election. This has got to be a great celebration party!

I hope some vendors have cool tee shirts and stuff to commemorate this historic moment. :D

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    Everyone jacked the prices up last time because they were convinced Hillary was going to win and then ban everything. If prices are still the same or higher, I'd be curious to hear what the excuse is.

Anyone care to post some ammo prices on here if they see them at the show today??

I imagine they should be lower since dealers bought as much stock as they could in preparation for the shortages when Hillary got in. With Trump in instead there isn't the hysteria anymore so they most likely will lower prices to offload their stock. Just a guess.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Dotto, Sat Morning 10' ish

My Son, lives in VA, asked me to make the trip with him, he looking for a deal on Glock 19 gen 4, he could get a good deal with the MDS IP's but then he was to deal with the transfer BS and he got the patience of a nit.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014
    I hope you're right! I had bought some at the last show, just in case. Will be looking for another case maybe.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Holy Carp! I've never seen so many handguns and rifles in one place. Ammo galore! Even what looked like decent prices. :shocked2: 'Murica!

I got there about 3:30 and it wasn't crowded. Really nice to be able to walk the aisles without bumping uglies with Snort the Wonder Pig and her handler, Bubba. Folks seemed very friendly, and willing to chat. Didn't find anything particularly interesting, but picked up one of those sticky inside-the-pocket holsters for an XD.

The pickle and sausage vendors were there, as usual. As well as the guys selling knives that they probably picked up from the home shopping network by the hundreds. One guy selling what appeared to be TSA confiscated knives that he probably bought at auction... at ridiculously high prices. $25 for a beat-to-hell Swiss Army knife? No thanks. Also some really well made custom knives. Couple of folks making Kydex holsters on site.

Note to self... don't even think about going on a Friday again. Took two hours to get there from naptown, and 2-1/2 to get home, leaving there at 6:30pm. I simply do not understand how, or why, people are willing to put themselves through the Chinese cluster square dance of commuting like that every day. Crazy, aggressive drivers, bumper to bumper traffic, and very few folks wiling to allow others to merge. It's a wonder more folks don't go ballistic.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    They put up with it for the same reason I did...not being paid $250K a year. I spent two years making the drive from Pax River to Ballston (DARPA HQ). Two hours up, two and a half back. I was a very regular listener to WGMS. Classical music is calming.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I was going to go this evening, but couldn't get out of Laurel due to traffic... I figured Chantilly would be a good 1 1/2 hours one way.

Will attempt Sunday morning. Haven't been there since was expanded. Will be looking for some c$r and some cz82 mags.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I went to the last one looking for AK mags, everything was jacked up you had guys selling all kinds of mislabeled mags and even the AR mags were kinda expensive

Milquetoast

Mar 7, 2016
    Buying Longgun in VA from MD

Just making sure. If I go to this gun show as a resident from MD, will I be able to purchase a longgun, like a mosin nagant or enfield, and bringit back to MD same day?

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Just making sure. If I go to this gun show as a resident from MD, will I be able to purchase a longgun, like a mosin nagant or enfield, and bringit back to MD same day?

As long as it goes through an FFL, unless you happen to find a private seller from Maryland and it is not a banned long gun.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Anyone know if there was someone on site doing transfers for Maryland folk? I feel like I saw them last year but I don't remember.

Gus from, I think Arcuate Pawn & Tackle is usually set up in the right front of the main room by the food court is an Maryland FFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom