• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    Medusa Munitions will be there with reloading supplies (powder, primers, bullets, brass, shot, wads & hulls), dillon reloading machines & accessories/parts and to assist with handgun transfers for southern Maryland residents. Stop by and say "hi" to mary and myself.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I won't be there. I'll be at MD Int'l Raceway Dragstrip Budds Creek, MD. PDRA Professional Drag Racers Assn. PDRA North South Shootout. Pro Mod Supercharged and Nitous, Mountain Motor Pro Stock and all the other classes. I'll have to make it another time. Chantilly probably won't be real crowded because of the almost summer vacationers. Summer starts 6-21-23.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Probably not, shows have been pricey for a long time now. Deals can be had, but don't get your hopes up too high.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Couple of us went today. Took kiddo along for his first show ever - he enjoyed it. Someone stopped him for wearing a NASA shirt and gave him a 'NASA protective services' challenge coin which was pretty cool. Didn't buy much - we didn't dwell anywhere too long to keep him from getting bored. There was a Rasheed, some Remlin 45-70s, and other old guns that got my attention but I didn't have time to really look them over.

Attachments

• PXL_20230616_230009736_r1280.jpg
      PXL_20230616_230009736_r1280.jpg
      195.9 KB · Views: 76

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    That is awesome that someone was so generous, smdub.

I am going on Saturday to see what catches my eye.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    When it comes to prices and Nations, I usually go primarily for magazines and defensive 9mm in 50 round boxes. Also to fondle something I think I may be interested in and then have my MD FFL order it.

For PMAGS and modern pistol magazines, just make a mental note of prices as you walk around.

Last Nations show I went to a few months ago, I got a decent price on Sig P365x and AR Mags when you bought a certain amount. I don't remember prices exactly. Nothing to write home about but not out of line IMO.

I always like to checkout the 'target guy' for some big packs of targets and/or interesting ones for a change.

Last few times I went, blued steel and walnut long guns make less and less of a showing.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    For anyone going to the shop, please stop by Tony Moreshi's art display and say hello. He does incredible work and many of his pieces are hanging in my home. We are hoping to have some in the shop soon.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Just got back. Was going to meet a friend but he bailed so I just grabbed the mags I needed, walked around a little and bailed.

I swear there were way more tables than the last time I went a couple/few months ago.

Crowded inside but found parking OK and went right in around 11:30.

I take back my previous comment about blued steel and walnut, I noticed a ton of tables with older hunting and lever guns. I didn’t look because I’ve spent too much money lately.

For mags I just went to the same guy I went to last time. He’s at the front near the middle door I guess. If you go in the left door, the smaller room and just turn right and walk to the larger room, you’ll see him on the left. He has the buy x number of mags for a little discount. Nice guy too. We chatted a bit.

I have a love/hate with Nations. I usually get what I go for but maneuvering around all the lookie loos (I’m one too) is draining and there’s so much to look at I get overloaded. Seemed stuffy in there today too. I had to go out for some fresh air.

Be forewarned if you choose to ignore the no loaded gun signs and carry anyway. They seemed way more aggressive asking people if you have “any loaded guns”. I noticed a lot more sate and local police there and private security walking around than I remember in the past.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I noticed a lot more sate and local police there and private security walking around than I remember in the past.
    That might be because firearm theft is way up in recent Nations Gun Show history. Last show I attended a woman came over the loud speaker and warned vendors that they just caught someone stealing a gun and to be watchful of inventory.

db32

Mar 7, 2020
    Yeah, if you're looking for a magazine for a less then typical gun they probably have it here. Had a fun time, was even able to get some deals on the mags I was looking for, so that was nice.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I also just got back. Spent an hour getting there, 2 hours inside, and an hour and a half getting back.

Ended up buying some Pmags and 2 of the 4 powders I was looking for (4227 and Varget - didn't see any 5744 or 8208 XBR.) I guess the savings on not having to ship the powders paid for the entry fee. Saw one guy that had large rifle primers but they were CCI standard and I was looking for CCI #34.

I wasn't really looking to buy a gun but might have pulled the trigger on a VZ 58 if I'd seen any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom