• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I have this orange sled, but a bigger deer will really hang out of it. It's great for furbearers though. And dragging assorted leftover parts for scavengers way back in where my game cam is, so I can see what's eating it.

Attachments

• gamecam12015 014.jpg
      gamecam12015 014.jpg
      133.6 KB · Views: 449

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I've never caught a coyote, but yes use clean traps. #2 or #3 coilsprings like Bridger or MB550 or MB650. Cable staked or double staked, or with long chain and grapple. Well blended dirthole and flat sets, trap set 9" back from attractor. Coyote gland lure and coyote pee, and there are some blended lure scents too.

www.minntrapprod.com

Oh yes, you can probably use snares where you are in ID, might want to use as cable restraints though if there are hunting dogs about. Non lethal snare setup. I can't help you there at all since no snares allowed in the counties I have trapped in MD.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    #2 friday evening, #3 saturday morning. Both were 1.5yo does.

Attachments

• 150925_001.jpg
      150925_001.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 390
    • 150926_002.jpg
      150926_002.jpg
      126.7 KB · Views: 394

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Almost whacked one this morning with my car. Yearling standing in the middle of the road.... staring me down... for almost 2 mins. I'm not joking. It just stood in the middle of the road, staring right at me with this "Come at me bro" look on its little venison-veal face. When I beeped the horn it decided to take off, but the whole time I was thinking.... tenderloin.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Where was that double drop tine buck killed?

the deer was killed on the navy base at pax river. From what I have heard, it wasn't killed by a hunter. They are clearing off a lot of property on the base and are trying to reduce the deer population. This was one that was taken in those efforts. However, if it was killed by a hunter, CONGRATS! what a awesome deer!

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    You can get an out of state hunting license :)
    I hunted public land in MD for two years and it was a waste of time imo, too much pressure. Also being limited to shotgun, archery, and BP in most areas is annoying.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What's annoying is having another hunter scream HAVE YOU SEEN ANYTHING while your quietly sitting and waiting for the sun to come up.

Loch Raven Reservoir.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    #2 friday evening, #3 saturday morning. Both were 1.5yo does.
    The bottom deer looks like its a mature doe...a little big to be a 1.5yr old IMO..

This is making the e-mail rounds at Pax River NAS. Was considered a runway hazard
    wow nice buck.

What's annoying is having another hunter scream HAVE YOU SEEN ANYTHING while your quietly sitting and waiting for the sun to come up.

Loch Raven Reservoir.
    :sad20:idiots are around like that with firearms is whats scary:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom