• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Don't forget MDshooters only taxidermist member ( who posts anyway) if you aren't sure who to go to.

I can sense it...this is the year i'm bringing you a fox to be made into a hat. We have a ton of foxes this year. My neighbor is dropping of his 17 wsm tomorrow me to use for the next week or two.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I can sense it...this is the year i'm bringing you a fox to be made into a hat. We have a ton of foxes this year. My neighbor is dropping of his 17 wsm tomorrow me to use for the next week or two.

If you get more than 1 that would be best, hopefully they look similar, as you may need 2 to make a hat ( unless you get one real beast like a 16 pounder). Any extras you can use for trading, as I do have a fur dealer lisc. and have already been using it. Ha ha, I have already caught some foxes and coons at a farm 20 mins from where I live. Met another trapper locally too, young guy, was in the Marines. He might show up here, he loves guns.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Might have a little repair work to do on the brisket...

As long as it's caped correctly, that's a 5-10 min job, no biggie. But yeah, everyone keep that in mind if you want a mount. No cutting the throat either, it doesn't always patch well. Briskets patch great in that long fur.

If anyone needs caping instructions or field care tips, let me know.

And for euros, please no stinky heads. I have to clean that funk off before I send to my beetle lady. Cut it off and freeze it asap. If the buck has a big neck, I would like if you can cape it, I'll give you something off for a good rut cape.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    As long as it's caped correctly, that's a 5-10 min job, no biggie. But yeah, everyone keep that in mind if you want a mount. No cutting the throat either, it doesn't always patch well. Briskets patch great in that long fur.

If anyone needs caping instructions or field care tips, let me know.

And for euros, please no stinky heads. I have to clean that funk off before I send to my beetle lady. Cut it off and freeze it asap. If the buck has a big neck, I would like if you can cape it, I'll give you something off for a good rut cape.

How much are euro mounts? I like that you use the beetles to do them.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    If you get more than 1 that would be best, hopefully they look similar, as you may need 2 to make a hat ( unless you get one real beast like a 16 pounder). Any extras you can use for trading, as I do have a fur dealer lisc. and have already been using it. Ha ha, I have already caught some foxes and coons at a farm 20 mins from where I live. Met another trapper locally too, young guy, was in the Marines. He might show up here, he loves guns.

Good to know, thnaks!

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    :lol2: I do have a elevated deer blind you could live in...not much room but it would be nice place to shoot deer out of.:innocent0..there could be an occasional mt lion running around.

:D (J/K)

Attachments

• Dumb.jpg
      Dumb.jpg
      29.7 KB · Views: 200

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Saw this guy in my yard yesterday. We can bowhunt in the neighborhood but I don't yet have a bow.

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
      IMG_0380.jpg
      130 KB · Views: 198
    • IMG_0383.jpg
      IMG_0383.jpg
      125.6 KB · Views: 195

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members