• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I wanted a set of rattling antlers and bucks in that area tend to run significantly larger than does.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I actually have two sets of antlers in the garage that I could use but they're a bit on the small side for rattling. For the life of me I can't figure out why I haven't used one of those sets.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Ive heard they start dropping them in Dec? Any truth to that?

I guess it depends on the area. Might be the case out there where you live. Out here, they'll start as early as the end of January but, the main casting usually happens in March. One year, I was hunting the late 2-3 day firearms deer season which happens the week after late ML season ends(second weekend of Jan.). I sat in the woods that day as deer herd after deer herd strolled by. Every time a gimpy/wounded deer came in range, I killed it. I killed three that day, all antlerless. When I gathered them up, they all turned out to be 2.5 YO bucks. I supposed their injuries and the stress brought on by them, caused their antlers to cast early.

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    Took one late two years ago and thought I had the largest doe I'd ever seen. Ended up being an Old deer with battle wounds who was running around with two other bucks.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    I did see descent buck today at 7:02 but was a bit to far for muzzleloader, I did notice this rub.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      184.9 KB · Views: 309

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I think this is #7 for me for regular season. Shot her in the front of the chest. Recovered the bullet just under the hide on the opposite side before the rear leg.

Attachments

• Picture1221150518_1.jpg
      Picture1221150518_1.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 244
    • Picture1220151648_1.jpg
      Picture1220151648_1.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 236

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I saw a nice buck chasing a doe this morning on Ft. Meade. He was not allowing her to move. I am going to try and go out a little tomorrow night.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I'm heading out in the rain tomorrow around 1pm or so. A buddy has two 6 pointers and a spike coming in daily and occasionally a nice 8 pointer, but he's in less frequently. Hoping he decides to show up tomorrow to make my Christmas season extra merry!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My season has been soo bad...I'm just hoping for a medium doe at this point. Passed one a small spike at 20 yards this past Saturday, weird year AGAIN for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom