• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    How much does that sucker weigh like that? :toothless
    Looks well thought out, I dig it. Too bad I'm moving to MD and can't pick up an AK anymore.

Depending on where you're going to work, you might want to consider commuting from another state. I know a couple of long term residents that moved to Virginia since 2013, and commute from the King George area all the way to Patuxent River NAS. one fairly senior, not TOO far from retirement, two that are pretty junior. According to the senior guy, he is better off money wise, even with the commute. O'Malley and his Demonrats really screwed MD in 2013. God help this country if he were to gain the Presidency. He'd make Ocrapa look positively conservative.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDNEWAK74_2.html

180 with stain and brush. You can make it look however you want and Matt at Ironwood has an awesome product!!!!!

He sure does!
    20140221_204938.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Flipz that looks amazing. What stain did you use to match the Bakelite so well?! I must know!

Thanks! I actually had Iron Wood Designs do it when I order the wood from them. It's the original Russian Shellac finish.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    Depending on where you're going to work, you might want to consider commuting from another state. I know a couple of long term residents that moved to Virginia since 2013, and commute from the King George area all the way to Patuxent River NAS. one fairly senior, not TOO far from retirement, two that are pretty junior. According to the senior guy, he is better off money wise, even with the commute. O'Malley and his Demonrats really screwed MD in 2013. God help this country if he were to gain the Presidency. He'd make Ocrapa look positively conservative.

I'll be working north of Baltimore, but my girlfriend is starting out in DC. We figured we'd start roughly in the middle (which works out to be Baltimore) and reevaluate after a while. She also really likes the idea of living in the city :rolleyes:

NAS Pax River is a cool place though. Good to know that if I end up there, Virginia is an option.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Wayne give us some info on that please! I like it!

Thanks, this is a 5.45x39 AK built by Engage Armament on a NoDak Spud receiver. 14.5" barrel with a AAC Blackout Flash hider pinned and welded, Bolton gas block, cerakoted by Sterling Arsenal in their Wolf Gary (which happened to match pretty well), everything else is Magpul

Earlier pic, before I dipped it in Magpul swag....

IMG_5111
    by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just finished my AK-47. It's a first gen. Yogo PAP 7.62. Hogue handgrip, Polish bolt, Ace stock adapter, Ace folding mechanism and an Ace skeleton stock. Damn thing is a thing of beauty now. Looks pretty good too:D
    IMG_0804.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom