• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    So I sort of refit this AR15 in 5.56. It’s a Pen ban 2013 Loki Weapon Systems lower and upper with a 1-8 twist 16” light profile barrel and flash hider. NiB bolt carrier group. The trigger is and ALG ACT trigger. I put a cheap 15” hand guard on it, and it actually bent pretty bad. Do I replaced it with a Aero Precision S one M-Lok 15” . I like it a lot. Has multiple QD attachment point for a V Tac sling.

Previously It had a Vortex 1-6 LPVO, but I decided to put this $129 4-32 ACOG mock off on. It’s pretty clear and the reticle is not bad. It did not have tritium dual illumination though. But I came up with a fix for that. Like the real acog during really intense sun light the reticle( only the chevron ) glow so bright it blooms and spreads. So trick was put a roll of electric tape in hand grip , and you can tape some of the filament off.

For night I would use red dot. But for further out targets , I have about 10 or so 1 1/2” x 3/16 diameter glow sticks . You brake them and shake them and you get 8-10 hours illumination. Simply put this on top of the gathering filaments and tape it off. Now it illuminated pretty well in darkness.

The red dot is not a nock off , I had a Vortex venom 3 moa dot . Which I really like. The trick was to find a RMR attachment mount for the ACOG that was a nock off. Real one $149 ouch but I found one for $49 and got a $12 adapter plate to mont the Vortex. Worked great.

The light is a o-light with pressure switch and a magnetic base, which you use for charging the light as well.

The rifle is Kryptec Sand Storm, got the vinyl from Gun Skins.
    4786aae59fe92f9c46d9b6ac06e8d41a.jpg

92ea8c2166512cceec0e9b4f66bbc2e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    So I sort of refit this AR15 in 5.56. It’s a Pen ban 2013 Loki Weapon Systems lower and upper with a 1-8 twist 16” light profile barrel and flash hider. NiB bolt carrier group. The trigger is and ALG ACT trigger. I put a cheap 15” hand guard on it, and it actually bent pretty bad. Do I replaced it with a Aero Precision S one M-Lok 15” . I like it a lot. Has multiple QD attachment point for a V Tac sling.

Previously It had a Vortex 1-6 LPVO, but I decided to put this $129 4-32 ACOG mock off on. It’s pretty clear and the reticle is not bad. It did not have tritium dual illumination though. But I came up with a fix for that. Like the real acog during really intense sun light the reticle( only the chevron ) glow so bright it blooms and spreads. So trick was put a roll of electric tape in hand grip , and you can tape some of the filament off.

For night I would use red dot. But for further out targets , I have about 10 or so 1 1/2” x 3/16 diameter glow sticks . You brake them and shake them and you get 8-10 hours illumination. Simply put this on top of the gathering filaments and tape it off. Now it illuminated pretty well in darkness.

The red dot is not a nock off , I had a Vortex venom 3 moa dot . Which I really like. The trick was to find a RMR attachment mount for the ACOG that was a nock off. Real one $149 ouch but I found one for $49 and got a $12 adapter plate to mont the Vortex. Worked great.

The light is a o-light with pressure switch and a magnetic base, which you use for charging the light as well.

The rifle is Kryptec Sand Storm, got the vinyl from Gun Skins.
    4786aae59fe92f9c46d9b6ac06e8d41a.jpg

92ea8c2166512cceec0e9b4f66bbc2e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope you don’t drop that thing in the woods, somewhere. That sucker’s camo’d out!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I hope you don’t drop that thing in the woods, somewhere. That sucker’s camo’d out!
    I have a buddy who lost his ATV once. He put a camo cover over it and went up the mountain to deer hunt. Had a hell of a time finding it.

should_have

Aug 9, 2013
    My First AR-15 :gun1:

Aero Precision AR15 Complete Lower Receiver with MOE Grip & SL Carbine Stock
    Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 Midlength HBAR W/15" Logic M-LOK Handguard AR15 Complete Upper
    WILSON COMBAT A2 AR-15 BIRDCAGE FLASH HIDER, 1/2X28
    Aero 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group, Complete - Nickel Boron
    Aero AR15 BREACH® Ambi Charging Handle
    Magpul PMAG® 10-round Non-Window M3
    UTG Super Slim Flip-up Rear & Front Sight
    AR Pic.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 Midlength HBAR W/15" Logic M-LOK Handguard AR15 Complete Upper
    Aero AR15 BREACH Ambi Charging Handle
    Magpul PMAGÂ 10-round Non-Window M3
    UTG Super Slim Flip-up Rear & Front Sight View attachment 445853
    Wait till you actually do a real build from nothing but parts. Nothing assembled. You have to source every part and assemble the puzzle.

should_have

Aug 9, 2013
    Wait till you actually do a real build from nothing but parts. Nothing assembled. You have to source every part and assemble the puzzle.
    That was my first school of thought was to do a complete build. After pricing parts and unable to order all the parts from one supplier. It was cheaper to order complete lower and upper around Black Friday sales:shocked4:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster

Aero AR15 BREACH® Ambi Charging Handle
    Magpul PMAG® 10-round Non-Window M3
    UTG Super Slim Flip-up Rear & Front Sight View attachment 445853
    Aero Precision is good stuff... Nice rifle...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That was my first school of thought was to do a complete build. After pricing parts and unable to order all the parts from one supplier. It was cheaper to order complete lower and upper around Black Friday sales:shocked4:
    A single vendor rarely has everything you need at the same time, so you'll have to use multiple vendors no matter what you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom