• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I think (never thought I'd say this) I'm gonna do a pistol build. Thinking 10.5 with a blade stock. Lower is built and I just got my WW heavy upper for my full A2 build. Build before that was a 9mm.

Anything I need to know? If I wanted to SBR it with a fixed stock what is the shortest upper I can go?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I think (never thought I'd say this) I'm gonna do a pistol build. Thinking 10.5 with a blade stock. Lower is built and I just got my WW heavy upper for my full A2 build. Build before that was a 9mm.

Anything I need to know? If I wanted to SBR it with a fixed stock what is the shortest upper I can go?

10.5 should be sufficient, with a 6 position telescoping stock.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Recently finished this one. Shout out to Clear Spring Gun Shop for having the cheapest transfer fees I can find around here (Hagerstown-ish area).

F4fptOQ.jpg

E7KIGSl.jpg

osfdq7y.jpg

SoVIeTN.jpg

lAX2Lht.jpg

unhC7TQ.jpg

Rainier Arms Ultramatch Billet Lower MOD 3 (No QD's)
    Fortis Billet Upper Receiver
    FailZero EXO M16 NiB Bolt Carrier Group
    Geiselle Mk4 M-LOK 15" Handguard
    Bear Creek Arsenal 16" HBAR (Thanks Maryland!)
    YHM Phantom Flash Hider
    Vortex SPARC II
    Troy Industries Folding Battlesights (Front (M4 Style) and Rear)
    Lancer Systems L5AWM Smoke Magazines
    Magpul CTR, MOE+ Grip, AFG2 (with M-LOK adapter), M-LOK Rail Covers (Type 2), MS4 Sling [Stealth Gray]
    Strike Industries ARCH-EL Charging Handle
    Strike Industries Enhanced Magazine Catch
    Strike Industries Enhanced Takedown Pins
    Seekins Precision Enhanced Bolt Catch, Mag Release
    Seekins Precision Ambi Safety (Set on Short Throw)
    Primary Weapons Systems Ratchet Lock Sling Mount Plate and Castle Nut
    Anderson Lower Parts Kit
    KNS Anti-Rotation Pins (Mod ST)
    Some shit flashlight that I need to replace

I'm replacing the SPARC II with a Strike Eagle and I have a Bobro 30mm mount coming in.

Nice build ! How do you like the handguard ? Was thinking about that same one for a future project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troyirving

Aug 1, 2016
    Hagerstown-ish
    Nice build ! How do you like the handguard ? Was thinking about that same one for a future project.

Thanks!

I love it, really comfortable. Mounting is solid as hell and there's no timing required for the barrel nut, gas tube goes over it.
    Not light though, but neither is the rest of this rifle. I'd go with something else if I were doing a light build.
    I wanted a MK8, but the MK4 is all Primary Arms has in stock, and they had it for a great price.

Damn, didn't know that a Hagerstown neighbor could have such good taste, nice rifle:party29:

Lol thanks man. I haven't seen too many high end builds around this area, but I'm sure there's a few.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Thanks!

I love it, really comfortable. Mounting is solid as hell and there's no timing required for the barrel nut, gas tube goes over it.
    Not light though, but neither is the rest of this rifle. I'd go with something else if I were doing a light build.
    I wanted a MK8, but the MK4 is all Primary Arms has in stock, and they had it for a great price.

Lol thanks man. I haven't seen too many high end builds around this area, but I'm sure there's a few.

Perfect. Just finished a lightweight build. Have 1 pre-ban lower left. Going to try this handguard out for that one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Started with this upper, then tossed the furniture on it, carry handle on it. I only went with this upper because it was heavy profile and on sale for under $350 at the time.

http://www.del-ton.com/Custom_Upper_p/cu102.htm

Finding an a1 upper has been difficult recently, so when comes up for sale, I'm gonna jump on it and get her finished finally.

The final thing I have to do is replace the front sight pin with a modified pin because it's an F-marked front sight post, but only once I get the A1 upper.

Here's another pic, since there appears to be interest in it:
    dVEUMhY.jpg

Very nice! Is that an 80% lower you had engraved?
    these guys might have an upper for you. I've never ordered from them though.
    https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-a1-forged-receiver-complete-black/

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Rezeroed the Mk12 with some cheap ammo for a prairie dog hunt this weekend. It did not like the 55gr Wolf Gold but too late now, guess I'll just have to use more rounds. :)

16a66c1149df01e561f005d9a0a6a082.jpg

cah9583

Back yard AR mechanic ?
    Aug 3, 2016
    Preston Md
    My two main rifles a colt sporter with a b5 sopmod stock and a medium range rifle I built off an 80 percent lower and then my shits n giggles rifle also on an 80 percent I did

Attachments

• 0729161250.jpg
      0729161250.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 737
    • 0628162321a.jpg
      0628162321a.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 815
    • 0724161412.jpg
      0724161412.jpg
      139.4 KB · Views: 845

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Project Aluma-Hyde

Figured what the hell so bought a can of OD Green and painted one of my AR's. Think it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• 20160819_225117.jpg
      20160819_225117.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 399
    Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    As much as I love black rifles, I've found that they get really hot if you leave them out in the sun all day. My 20" 6.8 is FDEish, at least where my hands are on the rifle. I'm going the same thing to my competition rifle. Now I'm on the search for grey furniture for my urban ARs.

cah9583

Back yard AR mechanic ?
    Aug 3, 2016
    Preston Md
    Yes, I have 3 of them, 1 for 308, 1 for 556 and this one is the MIL DOT. Love them for the $.
    Awesome I'm looking to set up a remington 700 for medium to long range and I was looking at the one with the r grid reticle

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Does anyone have a Trijicon MRO? This is my first red dot sight and when I aim the dot near the sun up in the clouds I get two other dots to the right and left side of it, Not to mention the red glare and magnification which I've already read up on, on other forums.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Does anyone have a Trijicon MRO? This is my first red dot sight and when I aim the dot near the sun up in the clouds I get two other dots to the right and left side of it, Not to mention the red glare and magnification which I've already read up on, on other forums.
    Don't shoot the sun... what did it ever do to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom