• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    2004f3bfd6c3bbd31d3a2b7af349baa9.jpg

Got a little bored yesterday. Breaks up well in foliage but it surely isn't a looker haha. Beater hunting AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took a few years, but there's that gun behind every tree, Brown promised, if Hogan was elected.

I guess he was right. :innocent0

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Got this the other day from PRI. Going to cost me a bundle over the next several months.

Attachments

• 2017-03-23 21.35.42.jpg
      2017-03-23 21.35.42.jpg
      36.8 KB · Views: 837

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Digging through my spare parts pin, I realized I almost had enough to build a KISS rifle. The only parts I needed were the forward assist (Walmart, $16) and the barrel nut ($10, brownells.) All of the other parts either came off of other rifles from upgrades or I picked up at gun shows from the bargain bins.

20170401_130214_zpsxyg3s0jt.jpg

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Love mine!

Just a tip. If you use cheap soda cans, which I do, put a little duct tape on the bottom of the can (ammo). It helps keep the can from breaking and throwing soda everywhere when you launch it.

Attachments

• 20161128_175538.jpg
      20161128_175538.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 502

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Every time I see a picture of the MK12, I want to swap the adjustable stock on my original 3-gun rifle to an A1 stock. I currently only have one fixed stock AR, it uses an A2 stock. Eh, I'll just get another lower and futz with that.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Two latest builds.
    The top is a 9mm that takes Colt SMG mags. It has a Wilson Arms barrel, unknown maker on the handguard and BCG, CMMG upper and lower receiver, CMMG 9mm LPK.

The bottom is my newest 3-gun rifle. I picked up the upper today from my smith. Faxon Arms 14.5" pencil barrel with matched bolt and pinned brake, adjustable gas block, Matrix Arms Charlie handguard, low mass BCG, Bushmaster stripped lower, Anderson LPK, and M4 stock. I'm picking up a new Aero stripped lower tomorrow and getting low weight parts. The scope is my old Millet DMS-1 in an American Defense scope mount, which I pulled from my old 3-gun rifle. I'm also gutting the buffer. This rifle, as it is pictured, weighs less than just my old 3-gun rifle.

competitionrifles_zpslyxkzrvn.jpg

The 5.56 rifle pictured above now sports a Mission First Tactical Minimalist stock and gray Magpul MOE K grip. A Hiperfire Hipertouch EDT2 trigger makes trigger pulling easier than milspec, and the reset is crisp and very noticeable.

The 9mm rifle now has a POF cartridge trigger, 4#. This is on the short list of known, good AR triggers for 9mm carbines. Range time later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom