• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    So, I bought another set of night sights for my Glock 17 RTF2, and now I have an extra set of night sights. I think it's only right that this extra set of sights becomes an extra full-on separate gun.

The debate I'm currently having is between another Gen3 17 (my RTF2 is rather aggressive), a Gen3 19, or a Gen3 34.

WHY LORD?!

:D

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm looking to get into my first Glock.

Need Gen4 to swap mag release will either be a 19 or 23 leaning towards 19.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I'm looking to get into my first Glock.

Need Gen4 to swap mag release will either be a 19 or 23 leaning towards 19.

I use the extended mag release on my Gen3 17 and it helps when I run my 17 lefty. Most non-ambidextrous guns require you to run them that way anyways, so I'm used to that.

Can't go wrong with a Glock 19 though. I just wish I liked that size more.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I use the extended mag release on my Gen3 17 and it helps when I run my 17 lefty. Most non-ambidextrous guns require you to run them that way anyways, so I'm used to that.

Can't go wrong with a Glock 19 though. I just wish I liked that size more.

I have all my other handguns set up with right release. When I switch to a left release it really slows me down if I'm not thinking about what I'm doing.

I've switched mine when the first time I drew from a holster I dropped the magazine...decided I'd switch over and have had good luck.

I could get by with a "normal" mag release for a range toy but if it's to be used for any thing else I prefer to keep them all the same.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I got a 34 last fall and can't put it down. It is ugly as hell, but shoots great. It balances well and feels like it has no recoil, so follow ups are a lot easier.

My vote is a 34, but I wouldn't put the night sites on it. I have a fiber front, with all black rear that I like a lot.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I do want one, but G20 sights are different from the G17/G22 sights.

are you sure about this? i thought they might be different also, but i actually spoke with scott warren at the uspsa match last weekend and he said his sights (warren/sevigny competition) fit both frames. i asked him because i had ordered another brand of sights for my new g20, thinking that his sights wouldn't fit it because i didn't find anywhere that said they were the same.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    are you sure about this? i thought they might be different also, but i actually spoke with scott warren at the uspsa match last weekend and he said his sights (warren/sevigny competition) fit both frames. i asked him because i had ordered another brand of sights for my new g20, thinking that his sights wouldn't fit it because i didn't find anywhere that said they were the same.

I think they should fit the dovetail. The issue is that it leaves a fair amount of space to the left and to the right of the sight due to the bigger width of the G20 frame.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    I think they should fit the dovetail. The issue is that it leaves a fair amount of space to the left and to the right of the sight due to the bigger width of the G20 frame.

Wrong. :D

opt_rs_rsheights.jpg

Different height for .45 ACP/10mm. The width is the same across the board. Front sights are all the same. http://eu.glock.com/english/options_rearsight.htm

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Depends on want to do with it. CCW, range gun, competition? For a good all purpose Glock go with the 19. If you think you might shoot IPSC/USPSA go for the 34. Although, if you get a 34 you'll probably want comp sights, not night sights on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom