These Flea-Bay VZ-58 Butt Stocks Fit VZ-2008's - Right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I sure hope so because I ordered one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VZ58-SA58-O...392655?hash=item3aad2b330f:g:MQMAAOSwiwVWRPfJ

I've had my VZ-2008 for almost a year. It's been a fun range toy. But I've never really liked the cheek weld on the folder. For < $50 delivered for a beaver barf butt stock and metal I thought "why not try one" ??? Looks to me like it's the same as a 2008 stock kit.

I received a tracking# today. Since it's coming all the way from the Czech Republic - we'll see how long it takes to arrive...

Thoughts? Comments? Advice?

:shrug:

Attachments

• E-Bay Stock 02_18_2016 Capture.jpg
      E-Bay Stock 02_18_2016 Capture.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 503
    • DSC03636 SNIP.jpg
      DSC03636 SNIP.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 577

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Um, maybe? Does the folding stock attach to the receiver via a horizontal or vertical fastener? Trying to visualize the parts shown attaching to the receiver.

Q

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    The answer is YES and that is a great deal even if you don't use the other parts.

That is exactly where I got mine.

Attachments

• vz.jpg
      vz.jpg
      98.5 KB · Views: 504

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I need one of these too. The folder looks cool, but not the most comfortable thing to shoot

Feb 28, 2013
    Outstanding! :thumbsup: yours looks terrific!
    :)

Total was < $50 including shipping so I'm not gonna complain. The box will probly be sent on a boatload of goats. Hooli will like sniffing butt...
    :innocent0

You'll like it. Makes it look more like "military issue". :D

Oh wait, is that politically incorrect?:innocent0

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Funny, type in AK47 on fleabay and all you get is toys, type in VZ58 and it all the real deal.
    I guess the VZ isn't as scary as an AK!

say Ak and it gets removed. They don't know what a Vz is. Try "romainian rifle" for ak parts.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The answer is YES and that is a great deal even if you don't use the other parts.
    That is exactly where I got mine.

Ditto, but I've gotten used to the folder, so that's what's on the VZ most of the time.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    why does everyone hate the folder? It is literally one of the best folders on a fighting rifle I have ever used.

The cheek weld is more of a chin weld, a bit strange for western tastes- but is is serviceable and the lockup is stable and solid. The main problem is the feel of it on the cheek, and wrapping it in paracord solves that problem easily.

the rifle is already really small and handy... add the folding stock and the damn thing disappears damn near

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    why does everyone hate the folder? It is literally one of the best folders on a fighting rifle I have ever used.

The cheek weld is more of a chin weld, a bit strange for western tastes- but is is serviceable and the lockup is stable and solid. The main problem is the feel of it on the cheek, and wrapping it in paracord solves that problem easily.

the rifle is already really small and handy... add the folding stock and the damn thing disappears damn near

I think the folding stock sucks. I'm not going to fire with the stock folded so it really only helps out on transportation. I have plenty of room in my trunk.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member

The solution is simple, get one of each.

IMG_0323cs.jpg

Both came with folders. I got the fixed stock and parts from Ohio Ord Works for about 56 plus shipping.

Sirex