• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    This may be my next project after my AR is done. So still in the very early stages of planning. I know its kinda whack to ask, but is anyone still tooled up to do AK builds? I dont want to have to pay money for all of the tools for one build ( yes one build :lol2: ) Are there any kits that I should get NOW ( or just wait ) Would anyone be willing to help me out? What all is needed for an AK build. Im into the underfolders and the "standard" looking AKs.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    building really isn't very beneficial if just doing one rifle, especially with what you'll end up paying for a parts kit, barrel, getting everything fitted to the barrel, receiver/shipping/xfer fees, and refinishing.

might just be a better idea to buy a complete rifle.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Glade Valley Sporting Goods in Frederick is set up to build AK's.
    He has the tools and the license and the experience.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Admirable hobby, but not a money-saver unless you have access to all the equipment you need. I have some, but not all, of the tools required and am still working my way through my 1st build from a flat. It's a lot more involved than putting together an AR.

Centerfire had beat up but usable Romy underfolder kits for $99 but I'm not sure if they are still running that deal.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I decided to send my kit to Mid county (that is as soon as I finish stripping the shelac off the stock). He does good work.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I decided to send my kit to Mid county (that is as soon as I finish stripping the shelac off the stock). He does good work.

Have your rifles ready to duracoat. They are going to be very nice. The wood work you did on the fixed stock one is really going to set it off ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom