• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    p1040224.jpg

The 870 is a staple, used all the time. The omega is new and getting a scope on her any day now. The 410, 20 and 308 are not used that much. Thinking a pistol might round out my basics. 40 cal Glock?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Glock makes great handguns at a good price. The caliber is up to you. If you want to shoot alot, think about 9mm as it is very cheap to shoot.

Also in that price range is Rock Island 1911, if you are into them.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    glock makes a nice pistol, I would go with a 45 but thats just me. I have a g30sf and love it

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Glock in 9mm, .40 or .45 you can't go wrong. Of course revolvers are nice too...

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    go to a gun store and handle some pistols and see what feels comfortable for you. then come back and report what you like and hte forum will give thier thoughts and opinions

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    go to a gun store and handle some pistols and see what feels comfortable for you. then come back and report what you like and hte forum will give thier thoughts and opinions

Good Idea. Best store in/nearest SO MD to handle a variety of them?

Glock 20, then buy the 9mm, 40 S&W, and .347 Sig barrels. Then, if you ever decide to go handgun hunting, the 10mm has got you covered.

Thats what I'm talking about. If the Mrs bones wants to play with it, thinking it might be too much for her to handle. ..no pun intended.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Fred's in Waldorf has the best selection of handguns in Charles County, as far as I know. They have Sigs, XD's, 1911's quite a few more. You could see which weapon best fits your hand there, although I don't know if they allow you to dry-fire in the store.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Visit Brian @ Keepshooting in Waldork, or Mark/Chandra @ Accurate Guns and Ammo in Loveville

They're both good shops to deal with. :thumbsup:

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    :D:D:D:It took a while but finally got my 1st. XDM 45 as a birthday gift from the best wife ever. I am all smiles. :D:D:D:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thinking a pistol might round out my basics. 40 cal Glock?[/QUOTE]

Glock is a fine pistol, if it feels right to you, go for it. The Glock in 9mm is a fine choice as is the Gee-Lock Fowtee. I know sometimes the "Fowtee" gets a bum rap on this forum but there's no person that I know of that'll stand in front of a Fowtee and take a hit at 25 feet without at least level three body armor.

Guess I'm too late. The Springer XDm is a real nice choice, too. Guess Ganston didn't float your boat.

Let the games begin.:lol2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom