• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    This is the same... well, there's not a polite word for what she is, but she's the one that told a rape survivor that she shouldn't carry a gun because her attacker would just take it away. I think she also threw out some BS stat about a woman being 90 times more likely to be killed with her own gun than to use it in self defense, or some inanity.

Go get her, Coloradans. Stupidity like hers doesn't deserve an elected office.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    As a former Coloradan, this makes me very happy to hear. I wish them luck, and hope that Bloomturd's money doesn't keep her in office.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It's a shame this is happening post Magpul moving some of its business out of the state, but then again, that may have really helped the cause.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I don't know exactly where I'm going with this, so bear with me.

In a perfect world we would want to get rid of bad legislators in a recall. But that isn't possible under the MD constitution.

Maybe the next best thing is to select a target for the next election. Print bumper stickers. Let them know they are targets. Let other bad legislators know there is a penalty box.

Just thinking out loud.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

In a perfect world we would want to get rid of bad legislators in a recall. But that isn't possible under the MD constitution.

Maybe the next best thing is to select a target for the next election. Print bumper stickers. Let them know they are targets. Let other bad legislators know there is a penalty box.

Just thinking out loud.

Recall election is just a mechanism for moving the election schedule up for an individual politician

Granted it allows citizens to employ momentum/emotion/determination that may accompany a particularly egregious action (Co Gun Laws) instead of letting things cool off but recall elections are nothing more than a regular election.,,,,other than that Colorado has more of a self sufficient/gun culture than exists in Md

Bottom line is that if the party in power holds a 25pt lead then its going to be tough to accomplish anything even if you're able to garner the signatures required for a recall.

Colorado and Md don't share a whole lot except for the fact that they have a major population area (Denver/Boulder) that tips the balance of power in much the same way that Baltimore/PG/Monkey counties do in Md.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Just thinking out loud.

Nobel. I had a similar idea a few years ago; but over time changed my tune. It would only make them a celebrity in their own community. Better to recruit and inform quietly, then vote against any that supported sb281 in their own primary. Search this forum for Liberty Tree.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    Recall election is just a mechanism for moving the election schedule up for an individual politician.

I don't disagree, but I think that there is a little bit more to it than that. They were successful in forcing a recall election. Hudak will have to campaign to keep her job. Even if she is successful in keeping her position (I surely hope this is not the case, and she is sent packing), she will have spent a lot of money doing it. That will make any campaign in the future that much more difficult for her, since her "war chest" will have been depleted. Recalls impact the next election as well.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Nobel. I had a similar idea a few years ago; but over time changed my tune. It would only make them a celebrity in their own community. Better to recruit and inform quietly, then vote against any that supported sb281 in their own primary. Search this forum for Liberty Tree.

Better yet click the link in my sig.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I don't disagree, but I think that there is a little bit more to it than that. They were successful in forcing a recall election. Hudak will have to campaign to keep her job. Even if she is successful in keeping her position (I surely hope this is not the case, and she is sent packing), she will have spent a lot of money doing it. That will make any campaign in the future that much more difficult for her, since her "war chest" will have been depleted. Recalls impact the next election as well.

It is a big deal because they lack the shelter of the party and the machine takes more time to ramp up than the grass roots. Party money is less available and the party faithful may not turn out if they underestimate the opposition. Momentum favors the challenger ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom