• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Nope, the Ruskies did not re-furb it. He had unreasonable expectations. And he obviously did not have the patience to research the firearm.
    Not an excuse to flame the dealer

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    First off, he's foolish for not cleaning a used firearm before shooting it, even a quick glance down the barrel would have revealed that. Second, how does a casing get split in half and lodged in the chamber like that?

Wow, he found another one in the second rifle he bought.

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    lets just take it to the range witout giving it a quick cleaning and once over. Fool

Lol this is how people get hurt. I watched this video what a gun tard he should not be allowed to even hold a Type 53 well wait any gun at all untill he learns the basics. Then he flames the seller... And he calls the LONGER BARRELED ONE lol if he knew what he was talking about he would have said 91/30.:lol2:

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    What a knuckle head. You should clean and inspect every firearm before you fire it for the first time. New or (especially) used. As if that's not bad enough, let's add to the lunacy by posting not one but two videos about it.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I saw that a while back, thought it was hilarious how stupid he was saying that he didn't think he needed to clean it before he shot it. First thing I did when I saw one of these was go home and research it. I always research an item before I buy it, in part because I wanted to know why the gun was so cheap. It has cost me at least once as I missed out on a Chinese SKS at $300 but I didn't know what it was or if that was a good price at the time. Should have looked it up on my phone instead of going home from the show but hey, you live and you learn. Actually I had seen one of these T53's at the previous show for $230 and knew something wasn't right so it has also saved me a little.

Who buys a rifle and doesn't look at the condition of the barrel (especially with the way the stock looks on those). This would have easily showed the obstruction, I don't care what the seller said I would never take a seller's word for it on the condition of a gun before I shot it....

So yeah, he's an idiot, first class....

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    the guy is a whining d bag, and hes not a collector or regular milsurp shooter obviously.

this is the kind of thing milsurp collectors know about and happily deal with.

and his whiny nitpicking about the condition grade is just annoying as hell, normally NRA "good" condition means a pretty poor gun, these t53's other than cosmetically are in fact FAR better condition than most guns that you would consider "good" condition, and still he complains because he neglected to do what everyone does with a surplus gun first, clean and inspect it, before he wasted his time going to the range to find out he needed to spend 5 minutes pulling the case out of the chamber.

he talks about this like he bought a new gun where he should expect it to have gone through QC and cleaning before hand.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    What a ma-roon. Two seconds with a bore light will reveal the bore is obstructed. He's paying to go to his range and doesn't make sure his t53 is in good working order?

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    What kind of idiot buys a milsurp rifle, known for being full of cosmoline, and doesn't give it a full cleaning first? Hell even if I buy a brand new gun, I still clean it first. Can you imagine someone trying to fire a round with the barrel full of cosmoline? BOOM!

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    I once saw a guy at Elk Neck shoot a Yugo SKS full of cosmo. I asked if he cleaned the barrel, said yeah, but wondered why it wouldn't cycle in semi-auto mode. Because the gas tube and piston were probably caked in cosmo. The cosmo was everywhere.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I once saw a guy at Elk Neck shoot a Yugo SKS full of cosmo. I asked if he cleaned the barrel, said yeah, but wondered why it wouldn't cycle in semi-auto mode. Because the gas tube and piston were probably caked in cosmo. The cosmo was everywhere.

Damn, he probably bent the piston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom