• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Last night, "A Forum on Defending Maryland's Firearms Safety Act" was held at the Silver Spring Civic Center. There were a couple of posts about it, but no one picked up on it. What happened to packing the town hall meetings?

If you hear about these events why not let the rest of us know. NOT throwing stones at you at all. I dont live in Montgomery, I live in Carroll and had not heard about the town hall. It is all of our responsibility to let each other know about ALL events wether social or political to make sure that their voices are not the only ones heard.

Please dont mistake my post for blaming you or attempting to give anyone an excuse for not going but I wish I would have known.

Part of what made the rallies on sb281 so effective is the organization and relay of information on dates and times. We need to keep that same coordination and share of information.

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    I have a larger overall picture of what I am trying to do by going to these meetings. The reason I am dressed like that is because I wear pro-gun regalia to these meetings. Frankly I want to make the opposition as uncomfortable as possible (which is why I was removed from the meeting early on by a state trooper). People stare and clearly are unnerved. Some hippies are clearly afraid. Thats what Im going for. So the clothing is purposeful.

That is awesome! Tell that trooper if he has time to bounce for Frosh; he has time to churn out some f@cking "not disapproved paper work!" Get his highway meter maid ass over to the firearm unit and pick up some apps.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have a larger overall picture of what I am trying to do by going to these meetings. The reason I am dressed like that is because I wear pro-gun regalia to these meetings. Frankly I want to make the opposition as uncomfortable as possible (which is why I was removed from the meeting early on by a state trooper). People stare and clearly are unnerved. Some hippies are clearly afraid. Thats what Im going for. So the clothing is purposeful.

That is awesome! Tell that trooper if he has time to bounce for Frosh; he has time to churn out some f@cking "not disapproved paper work!" Get his highway meter maid ass over to the firearm unit and pick up some apps.

That's funny shit.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    2A supporters aren't losing in MD, they lost. Right now people are focusing on getting firearms before they are banned. Can you blame them for being disinterested in a forum catering to those who want to do a victory lap after ignoring a large body of constituents? I can't. The legal process is the current way forward (it think it loses in the justice system and doesn't come anywhere near the USSC) and that is where the focus lies right now.

This whole thing, this whole campaigning for the 2A and getting ignored, is hopefully a wake-up call to people regarding the politics game in MD: It's an old game, the rules have been set long ago, and if you try to play the game with the old rules, you will lose.

However, the rules can be changed. Contacting reps who have no interest in your opinion will not work, you have to primary them out or go after their donors if they don't vote the way you like. The game is rigged, you have to change the rules of the game first before you play or you're going to lose.

Chastising people for not showing up to talk to people who don't care about their opinions isn't going to get people to show up. It's going to drive people away and out of the game when you need the numbers the most. 2014 is a going to be (traditionally) a down year for voters, meaning the margins are more in favor of those who aren't in the political game who need enthusiastic voters to get elected.

Get people enthusiastic about 2014, don't try to shame them for not playing the rigged game.

Yup.

While I can appreciate and applaud the efforts to take the fight to them as was said, they don't have a fight. Their fight is already decided, they win. You think they give a Shit what you have to say?

The fight is getting the turds out of office.

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    Wish I had known and could have gone.

I had some family things of the do not miss verity that night. Had I known, I could have made it. I hope to be there next time. I do believe that its a generational thing. On the bright side, I did nudge my mom (very anti gun) to be slightly more open minded. I plan to invite her to go target shooting with me at some point and cause some cognitive dissonance.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I recorded 45 mins of audio in case anyone wants to process it. We were talking to a few people right after Frosh but they shooed everyone out since the event went past the allotted time.

I get the sense that many of the antis do want to know "why" we want the things we have. The trick I guess is to find these people and explain why on a personal level without using the standard talking points from our side.

The "gun registration leads to confiscation" and allusions to Nazis memes are done for, we can't use that stuff (as has been said before).

Andy was telling Frosh that most gun owners would likely have supported training requirements for ownership (as do I, the more I think about it) as a compromise to reduce restrictions.

We hear time and time again "well you guys aren't the problem... but we have to do SOMETHING." :rolleyes: another lady honestly could not understand why we disagree with, or refuse to agree with their "experts" hired by Bloomberg. THAT is the hard sell. Some people honestly do not grasp the concept of liberty, and IMO are terrified to accept it as a way of life.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB (GO PENS! BEAT THE ISLES!!!)

Good that may be of use reach out to MSI

On the larger point we must never get sucked into why.. The burden of proof is theirs always.

Anyone who does not know that jhu is bought And paid for is Not worth the time .

We are not trying to change all minds, just about 5% . If we get to 10% That Is a realianment.

And your point about the young is key. That is our richest vein to mine.

Show of strength was the last play, Now we reach out and educate.

The fact That their support is mostly older is suggestive... It is an important detail.

Thanks

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Victory lap. Theater to prove they "did something."

It's not as complicated as that. More simply, they don't care what you think. As a gun owner, you are a minority so you don't matter. They readily acknowledge this has nothing to do with crime or safety; this is about forwarding their agenda. What the public wants stopped mattering in Annapolis decades ago.

No this really is not what is going on. You are entitled to your opinion, But you are reading it wrong. They have no reason to do what you suggest. They Are pandering to a base,that they claim is rock solid. Why. Because its not.

Really ..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I would wager that they're buttering up the masses for a possible referendum. They're still fighting, which means that, in their minds, they haven't won yet.

But that's just me.

And me, And sun tzu,

Its information they can't help leaking if you know what to look for..

They are dying to continue the fight. Yet they claim they have won.

They will be happy as long as they can keep it out of court. They control the press. No one controls the court.....

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    LOL, 60-75 people, I wonder if they bussed them in
    After the library scene, Frosh & Friends now know to get a caravan of short buses together to swing by the retirement communities and nursing homes rather than somewhere like a VA hospital.

I see a lot of truth to both approaches on this issue...and a lot of needless finger-pointing and divisive rhetoric among us.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Andy was telling Frosh that most gun owners would likely have supported training requirements for ownership (as do I, the more I think about it) as a compromise to reduce restrictions.

Well, I'm not OK with mandatory training for simple ownership.

Every single time we compromise our God given freedoms, every single time we GIVE them more of that freedom.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Well, I'm not OK with mandatory training for simple ownership.

Every single time we compromise our God given freedoms, every single time we GIVE them more of that freedom.

Training should be mandatory. Absolutely mandatory.

I don't agree with the State making it mandatory, up-front, in order to purchase, but people MUST be trained/taught how to use a firearm properly and safely.

I would have made training mandatory prior to picking-up the firearm and taking it home AFTER you purchased it and passed the 75 day background check.

Just because a person can pass a background check doesn't mean they have even a thread of common sense. Too many people, in my opinion, want to own guns because they think it's cool and hip.

A cool and hip attitude is dangerous when you don't even know what end of the gun the bullet comes out of. Some people don't even read the manuals to find out how the safety works on a gun. They don't want to learn and they don't care to learn and with people like that, you have to MAKE them learn.

I don't want to get shot because some Dumbass doesn't want to take the time to learn basic firearm safety.

I view this the same way I view elections. People can exercise their rights, but they SHOULD be informed first.

I don't want ignorant people voting and I don't want ignorant people owning guns.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I view this the same way I view elections. People can exercise their rights, but they SHOULD be informed first.

I don't want ignorant people voting and I don't want ignorant people owning guns.

You are asking for WAY to much. You'll never prevent ignorant people from voting it's their right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom