• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I purchased two receivers and had them shipped to a dealer, they were received before 10/1 (though the law is clear that the dealer didn't even need to have them yet, I only needed the PO or course).

Anyway, popped in today to fill out the paperwork and was told that they don't know how to process these things yet. The new forms require a HQL or an exemption (I have neither). They fear the old form will be rejected.

They had contacted MSP several times for guidance but as of yet have received no response.

I don't want to say what dealer because I don't blame them for this mess and I don't want to turn this into a bash-fest.

Anyone else experience this?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    That would be troubling, I have an AK74 waiting on paperwork. That may explain why the dealer has not gotten to me since the rifle was delivered though.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Why would you need a HQL to pick up a rifle?

I haven't seen the new forms so the following is a guess. Under the new law, the only regulated firearms are handguns. Thus, all purchases on a 77r would require an HQL or exemption. They didn't seem to think about Purchase Ordered rifles...

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    I haven't seen the new forms so the following is a guess. Under the new law, the only regulated firearms are handguns. Thus, all purchases on a 77r would require an HQL or exemption. They didn't seem to think about Purchase Ordered rifles...

Filled out paperwork on a lower today, they used the old forms.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    My guess is that they should use the old forms since there are no "new" forms for banned firearms. They're banned!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013

Bingo1!

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I just posted this in another thread discussing the topic of training but the same info applies here...

You do not need any form of training to transfer that rifle...
    Have your FFL contact Lt. Cook in licensing, or Tom Williams who is the head of compliance for clarification.
    I asked this exact question in Aug. when they met w/dealers.
    HQL is for handguns only. At this point you need ZERO training to submit paperwork for an AR purchased pre-October.
    On Oct. 1 via email,CPL. Jason Edwards did tell us when faxing paperwork on ARs to send a copy of the PO showing purchase date, use the new app., and just write NA on those sections.
    Hope this helps.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Anyone else notice the new forms no longer ask if you purchased a regulated firearm in the past 30 days? Whoops.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Im gonna assume that pre Oct 1 regulated long guns that are awaiting approval (using the now older version of the 77R) will have the paperwork when the item is picked up faxed instead of mailed, since MSP is no longer accepting mailed 77Rs?

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    Find a new dealer. It's as simple as writing on the HQL page that you have a PO and what training req you have (ccw, military, LEO, the old web#, etc...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom