• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Was heading east on 50 through WV around 5PM, I think it was a 65 or 70mph zone. Up ahead at the bottom of the hill I see a four legged creature starting out from the median.

First thought was coyote (funny what distance does to shapes), then dog. I was in the slow lane, started slowing down and hit my four way flashers , so did the truck beside me in the fast lane. Managed to get traffic behind us slowly down to a crawl (man it's nice driving somewhere where people don't have their head up their tucus) and as we approached turned out to be a little Dachsund trying to make it across the road.

He scampered over safely in front of us and kept going. I thought about stopping to try to help him but there was no safe shoulder, and besides I was afraid of scaring him back out into the road. Hope the little guy made it home. Said a silent prayer for Mooseman to watch over him. :)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Mooseman is never far from the thoughts of some of us. I hope the little doxie is somewhere safe tonight. I believe he is because Mooseman is watching.

That was Brian's nature.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Mooseman & Beanie image.jpg
      Mooseman & Beanie image.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 326

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Wow. Same thing happened to me on rt 9 at the in WVa yesterday. I was driving a big red caddy, and just saw him peek out as I passed and tapped the brakes. I noticed the two cars behind slow down. Small world.

I never knew Mooseman, but I wish him peace.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Gotta wonder if that wasn't Mooseman telling you that everything is going to be alright. At least I'd like to think so.

jimv8eatr

Hooligan #4.5
    Oct 16, 2012
    McHenry, MD
    Good ole Buck... Think about him all the time. I'm sure he watches over all the pups out there.

I'll never sell that Buckmark I bought from him. He gave me 2 - 50rnd boxes of Thunderbolt with the pistol, I have them too.
    I said, "You dont have to throw in the ammo with the deal." He said, "I only paid $1.99 a box... never pay $2.49, wait till it goes on sale!"
    :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    He did start that 22LR availability/pricing thread here ... that continues to be a popular and useful resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom