• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Katsoup

Avtomat Kalashnikova
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2023
    Maryland
    I bought my Glock 43x back in 2021 as my first handgun. I was in the mindset of owning a gun especially a handgun for conceal carry. Spectacular, small footprint, decent capacity, great for CCW. Now I have regrets of buying it. Since I did not wait, I got no rail system nor optic cut from the MOS which now I want. Also my hands are kinda big and my pinky sits under the gun. The magazine was a bust for me as well because I am unable to find the double stacked mags. Maybe I am not a Glock fan :innocent0

What should I do:
    (1) buy the upgrades to make it better or (2) buy something else and sell the Glock 43x?

Please send some recommendations if I should go with option 2.

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    If you actually have to use the pistol for it’s intended purpose, an optic will be useless.

You not being comfortable with it is a completely different matter, which also goes to my first point.

Disclaimer- I have the 43x as my carry pistol.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I wouldn't worry about the rail aspect. The optic cut (or not, in this case) could be the bigger issue IF you really want to use an optic. Having said that, the MOS system really kind of sucks, and direct milling an optic is the better option if you know what you want. So really not having the MOS shouldn't really hinder you.

Other options these days would be any of the Sig P365 series, S&W Shield or Shield Plus, Shadow Systems CR920, Springfield Hellcat.

Suppressed

MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2023
    Maryland
    I would buy a pinky mag extension. I see 10 round 43X magazines for sale online. Keep the 43X and use it for deep concealment without an optic. Buy another gun with the features you want and start your collection. You can't have just one gun.:)

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I LOVE my 43X. I'm not a fan of the MOS. I just got an email from Shieldarms yesterday that the 15 round mags are back in stock. I'm hoping that means they'll start being available in stores soon as well. I've got decent size hands and find the 43X fits me great. Its very comfy, and shots very well. We like it so much, I bought one for my wife as well.

I think the 43X with the 15 round mag is a great combo.

If you absolutely need the optic cut out, then you should swap out for what you want.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    If you actually have to use the pistol for it’s intended purpose, an optic will be useless.

You not being comfortable with it is a completely different matter, which also goes to my first point.

Disclaimer- I have the 43x as my carry pistol.

This.

Honestly, I would sell it, and buy a P365 with an XL grip.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I have a 43x MOS and put the Shield RMSc on it. I enjoy carrying and shooting it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I bought my Glock 43x back in 2021 as my first handgun. I was in the mindset of owning a gun especially a handgun for conceal carry. Spectacular, small footprint, decent capacity, great for CCW. Now I have regrets of buying it. Since I did not wait, I got no rail system nor optic cut from the MOS which now I want. Also my hands are kinda big and my pinky sits under the gun. The magazine was a bust for me as well because I am unable to find the double stacked mags. Maybe I am not a Glock fan :innocent0

What should I do:
    (1) buy the upgrades to make it better or (2) buy something else and sell the Glock 43x?

Any decent out of state gun show would have the Shield mags, I believe mine came from Gettysburg a couple of years ago. For carry I wish it were my first choice, I’m a Glock fan, but my P365 is just too easy and comfortable to carry.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    While I have other firearms in the wear and carry rotation, the 43x is what I choose to carry most often. My wife carries her 43x pretty much every day-- she also has a P365 but... mostly goes with her 43x. It gets the job done, has plenty of aftermarket support, and just plain works.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

My g43x with shield s15 mags and holosun 407k green dot is my carry gun. I kind've love the thing. It's very easy to carry and shoots pretty well for its size. Once youre used to shooting with a dot, they give some nice advantages over irons. Ive stretched this little bastard out to 100yds a few times, and even made some repeated hits on steel at 200 at delmarva sporting clays.

So far I haven't tossed a light on, but may grab a streamlight sub before too long and see how I like it. It rides in a Bravo concealment torsion iwb.
    Screenshot_20230503_181915_Gallery.jpg

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md

What should I do:

If you want a dot, pick the one you want and get the slide cut. As stated above, that really is a better option than the MOS. I have a tlr on a non mos and a surefire on an MOS. The surefire is better but not enough to change guns for.

If you like the gun, cut the slide and order a tlr. If not, try something else. Life is too short and there are too many good options to carry a gun you don’t like.

DanOh

Apr 13, 2022
    Marriotsville
    There are several companies that make magazine extensions which should help with your pinky issue but does the gun fill your hand, so your grip is solid. If not, the grip issue can affect your shooting. I have large hands so I have extensions on the mags of my model 17 and it helps a lot. Good luck

2ndltsdad

Nov 19, 2014
    Trappe... not Lakeside !
    I would keep the 43x and maybe go ahead and add to the collection. the 43x is a good gun for the money and intended
    purpose.with the 15 rd mag it helps with grip length. the 365 xl may be a better gun but its also more money.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster

What should I do:

What did you end up doing?

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    The 43x is my carry gun. Personally, I don't see the point in adding a red dot to a sub-compact/point and shoot pistol. They were intended for paper plate size groups at <15yds. If you can't do that, spend the money on ammo and training vs. an optic.
    The 43X also is my carry gun, I did upgrade to a Johnny Glocks Evo X Drop-In Combat Trigger, J-VEX Metal shoe and Striker. Oh boy is that nice...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Toss this on it and save yourself some money/paperwork. If you want a light, you can always get the tlr6 for it that doesn't require a rail.
    1000044956.jpg

Palmetto now has full micro guns for cheap and comped slides. I picked up this one to dink around with and it does make a fairly noticeable difference when shooting fast.
    20231126_205100.jpg

20231126_205139.jpg

20231020_162055.jpg

As far as mags, psa also makes 15 rnd mags now too. They use an overloaded polymer front so you can use them without needing to swap the mag catch like on thr shield mags.
    1000044959.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom