• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    +1

I read about that and was like :party29:

Pretty sure the flare guy is there - in the door and to the left at the beginning of the row. Not my thing - but I saw 37 mm stuff (and other stuff) on the table as I cruised by last night.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If anyone goes today can you let me know if Capt. Harry is there selling decoys.

Did not see any decoys, but I was in and out by 5:00 on Friday and there were till some table/vendors not set up yet.

Update: Sweet! Organizing the gun safe this morning and two very dear friends of mine showed up with a gift - an antique "James Holly" Drake Red Head decoy! I am not a collector, but this is extra special to me because it came from their family's personal collection.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    What do you think my chances of finding black powder there?

Wasn't looking for any myself, but I overhead the one vendor that had the most reloading supplies say he wasn't licensed to sell powder in Maryland?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    There is no disputing that the Timonium Show isn't what it used to be, but for less than $10, and being so close, I still go to be supportive, to browse, to pick up some decently priced ammo and accessories, and to buy an over priced hot dog. Every once in a while I will surprise myself and make a larger purchase - like yesterday! :)

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Can someone who is there today report back so I can hear how it was after all vendors are set up? Thinking of stopping by there tomorrow morning to be supportive but may go shooting instead.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    At the show. Its...OK. nothing too exciting. But is close enough to get you out of the house on a rainy day.

Anyone go to the Gettysburg show? Considering making my way out there.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Picked up a numbers-matching bayonet for the German K98k, and an original M1 Carbine oiler.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Just a heads up to anyone coming down 83. If you intend to get off at Timonium Rd and take a left towards York Rd, that light at the exit has been on flash all morning. I'd recommend getting off at Padonia or some other exit.
    As for the show, nothing to write home about, but it's near me, so it was worth the short trip. Compared to 10 years ago it looked like 10% of the firearms they used to have. I saw HBAR's, old shotguns and rifles, some ammo, expensive knives, cheap knives, doomsday stuff and military surplus. Didn't see any worthwhile deals, so I just picked up some supplies.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My boys enjoyed looking at everything. Shows are just not for me. I'm not an impulse buyer. I like to do extensive research and find the absolute best deal on anything I buy. Everything that I recognized was overpriced.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    First time down there for me and my son. We started to follow the people in front of us and I kept telling myself how great it was to bring all your kids. Then we got in line and it didn't feel right. Again, so many kids around. Then I realized we where in the wrong building. It was the Discovery Dinosaurs.

Got to the right building and walked around. It wasn't too bad. I was able to pick up a flash hider for my 300 Blackout, .40 bullets for reloads, AR15 exlarge place mat, brass hammer, pepperoni bread and donated to the homeless Vets. Son wanted some jerky but I didn't see any.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    As to ways to get there, if you are coming North on I-83, I would always go up York Road instead, I'd rather put up with the lights and make one left turn at the York Rd traffic light that leads into the fairgrounds at the big electric light (opposite the Giant) There are too many light and idiots on Timonium and the Light (Snail) Rail always screws everything up.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    just came back not what it used to be way to much junk china knifes t shirts pants bags empty tables not many guys walking with guns for sale. not like the good old days

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    just came back not what it used to be way to much junk china knifes t shirts pants bags empty tables not many guys walking with guns for sale. not like the good old days
    Wow! I wasn't sure it could get any worst then it was, but obviously it did. Shirts, pants, bags, no tube socks and someone already said they didn't find beef jerky :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom