TMGN: PNC bank account cancelled?AFT fishing expedition?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I see that The Machine Gun Nest (TMGN) owner posted on FB that PNC just cancelled all his business bank accounts.

He mentioned that TMGN has recently told some agency (AFT?) that it would not voluntarily hand over its customer records.

Related events? It’s one thing to read about this happening to some guy in ID or FL, and another to hear it happened to “your” place and thus reminding you that anti-gunowner activism is fo real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I see that The Machine Gun Nest (TMGN) owner posted on FB that PNC just cancelled all his business bank accounts.

He mentioned that TMGN has recently told some agency (AFT?) that it would not voluntarily hand over its customer records.

Related events? It’s one thing to read about this happening to some guy in ID or FL, and another to hear it happened to “your” place and thus reminding you that anti-gunowner activism is fo real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’t know enough to even half hazard a guess. What agency. What records request. Maybe PNC closed all of the accounts because of government abuse (sounds like a lawsuit). Maybe PNC got wind of criminal wrong doing. Maybe treasury is investigating TMGN over fincen violations and PNC got the nope out of dodge. Maybe TMGN refused a legitimate records request (the bad news for them as an FFL they are legally obligated to turn over a lot of stuff sans warrant, and solid legal precedent as business records for someone else do not generally require a warrant).

It smells for sure. But I am not sure what stinks. PNC, gov’t agency, TMGN. Not like ever once in my life hears a business doing bad/wrong things ever fess up (either one in this instance). Not sure I recall a govt agency admitting they are doing wrong either.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    My guess would be fbi. Info on sold guns would have to be logged and shown when requested. Ammo sales and rentals for the range lanes that never leave the store, I think not. 80%er's and AR parts that are not the firebox I also don't think so. Maybe atf on the latter could be the inquiring agency but parts are not firearms and do not need to be recorded. But, then again, I'm not a 2A attorney.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    PNC canceled our account years ago. BB&T was happy to have us when I told them the situation.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom