• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Has anyone experienced problems with getting into the FBI National Instant Check System as per telephone lately??? Responses and comments by IP's and others greatly appreciated.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Basically that's what I'm getting too. I tried calling this morning and waiting time was estimated at 7 minutes, waited a short time then my phone started beep-beep low battery and had to hang up. Now I can't get in at all (recording sez "Try again later, all circuits are busy".

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My impression is it was already heavy this month, dealers were already having trouble getting timely responses, especially on Fridays. Now it's nearly unmanageable. It's beyond wait times, now it's busy signals. I'd say it's liable to be even worse tomorrow, when you add in a Friday and one of the last shopping days before Christmas.

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Got disconnected, then a message to call later, then some wait times....our faxes went to MSP good late last night, but then I was receiving one back (yay) except the fax ran out of ink, so we won't know who was not disapproved until Monday I guess :/

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We obviously don't have to deal with MSP but do all of our background checks online through NICS. Lots of lag on their servers, and kicking out background checks. Having to re-enter them multiple times, etc. We've tried to get through on the phones a few times without much luck...they're pretty slammed.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    All dealers should have just gotten an email from MSP. They are backed up and not likely to meet the 7 day wait. I have a few that are pending and into the 8,9,10th day.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    All dealers should have just gotten an email from MSP. They are backed up and not likely to meet the 7 day wait. I have a few that are pending and into the 8,9,10th day.

Can't you release the firearm after day 7?

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    any other dealers have MSP lose any of the apps they faxed in? MSP has lost (of course they say never received) 3 apps from various days. I have only discovered this after not receiving a reply for an app faxed in before another approval that came in.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Have you guys conssidered signing up for online NICS checks?

We can do them form any computer in our building, or from laptops on air cards or WiFi.

We have yet to have to resort to the phone, which is an option if your computer is out of service.

My longest wait has been about 30 seconds for "Proceed" messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom