• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Does anyone else plan on attending this with the Mayor and Lt. Governor?

There was an impressive showing at last Saturday's Townhall with Senator Brochin in Towson — and was hoping to see they same for this one. I know it's probably not convenient for many (I know it isn't for me); but this is important, because I am speculating that there will be a substantial amount of anti-gun folks.

I used the link to R.S.V.P, however; I didn't receive any confrimation after doing so, nor in my email inbox. Has anyone else who is attending experienced this? I was a little late to sign-up (about noon yesterday) — so I'm hoping it isn't full... hate to drive all of the way down and then park, only to learn that I cannot enter.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I think all we can do is show up and do what we can. Nobody answered my question about the Bowie one being for locals only so I got my points in anyway. Just like the Greenbelt thing we need to infiltrate these things and then clearly make our case to the assembled and the media.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I'm University of Baltimore Merrick School of Business alumni, so I would love to attend. However, my one year old daughter comes first.

I'll have my say on the 6th in Annapolis.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I think all we can do is show up and do what we can. Nobody answered my question about the Bowie one being for locals only so I got my points in anyway. Just like the Greenbelt thing we need to infiltrate these things and then clearly make our case to the assembled and the media.

Agreed, that is all we can do. Doing nothing would guarantee a win for the anti-gun crowd. Did you receive any confirmation about your attendance? ... assuming that is, you are going.

I'm University of Baltimore Merrick School of Business alumni, so I would love to attend. However, my one year old daughter comes first.

I'll have my say on the 6th in Annapolis.

I understand, and will be in Annapolis on the 6th as well.

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I plan to attend tonight. Did RSVP and got a note back immediately that "Your response has been recorded." It's hard to tell what that means, and I haven't found any information on the process tonight. What happened at Towson? Was it just propoganda from the platform or was there opportunity for questions from the audience?

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    I plan to attend tonight. Did RSVP and got a note back immediately that "Your response has been recorded." It's hard to tell what that means, and I haven't found any information on the process tonight. What happened at Towson? Was it just propoganda from the platform or was there opportunity for questions from the audience?

Here's the thread about the Towson Town Hall, sounds like it went well for us -

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=103402

A few more guys are going tonite, there's a thread about it somewhere. I will post it if i find it.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I'm going tonight. If nothing else, it will be good intel. I'm treating it as psyops. I'll be playing the part of a concerned dem anti who did some research and had an epiphany.

I RSVP'd and it doesn't send an email, it just takes you to a page that says your response has been recorded. I just re-registered and it did the same thing. you are GTG.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

That's what was given to me also, I don't know why I expected it, but an email confirmation should have been sent. After all, an email address was one of the required fields...

MDShooter's comment is true, I also believe it went well for us. Mr. Brochin appeared to listen to us intently, and took a lot of questions and statements. He seems more moderate than progressive, and perhaps sees things more pragmatically. Though, who's really to say at this point.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Anyone from Carroll County taking the Light Rail tonight?

FWIW: I'll be wearing a bright green shirt and black rim glasses

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

I'm in Carroll, but will be coming from Woodbine in HoCo after work. Do you think there will be parking issues?

I know where it is and think there should be metered parking on the street or at least a garage for the campus. Never taken the Light Rail ever in my life, so a little hesitant to inject those logistics into a last minute schedule.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'm in Carroll, but will be coming from Woodbine in HoCo after work. Do you think there will be parking issues?

I know where it is and think there should be metered parking on the street or at least a garage for the campus. Never taken the Light Rail ever in my life, so a little hesitant to inject those logistics into a last minute schedule.

There's metered street parking around most of the building, especially on the Maryland ave side. There's a garage at the Fitzgerald, but it's a little pricy.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

I'm gonna heed your advice and go that route. which station are you using and do you know what time the train leaves?

is everyone suiting up for this, or just showing up in what you have on?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Attire

I'm gonna heed your advice and go that route. which station are you using and do you know what time the train leaves?

No suit, but I did bring a change of clothes: nice shoes, dress pants, collared shirt & matching tie.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.

I am thinking either Mt. Washington or Falls Rd. there should be a few trains heading south between 6:00PM and 6:30PM.

Last trains at night leaving from U Balt are at 1:28AM.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I literally just got an email confirmation for tonight from the Lt. Governor's office:

Thank you for RSVPing for today's Baltimore City Public Safety Town Hall with Lt. Governor Brown and Mayor Rawlings-Blake. The event will be held at 7:30 PM in the Moot Court Room at University of Baltimore Law School (1415 Maryland Ave).

You can park in either the Fitzgerald (80 W. Oliver St) or Maryland Ave (1111 Maryland Ave) Garages. Street parking will also be available.

We will taking questions, suggestions and comments from the audience. Due to limited time, we ask that questions and comments be kept to two minutes.

Thank you again for being a part of this town hall. We look forward to hearing from you tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom