• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If I needed to go there and that is a big "IF" I am carrying plain and simple. I will obey the law (have a permit) but mall rules not so much. My safety is more important.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Never did as far as I'm concerned. Not into going there til it becomes a thug free zone, which it won't...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    When did it become a firearms-free zone?

Where did you see this? Doors of the mall entrance or windows of certain shops? Gotta remember who is the county exec for Balto Co.

Mr. "Shut up and listen while I talk".

400x225

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    The non-parking garage doors on dulaney valley road, the doors near the crate and barrel, and the doors near TGI Fridays. I didn't see any other signs, nor did I see any near the Macy's end of the mall.

Those signs probably only apply to non-permit holders though. ;)

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    If I needed to go there and that is a big "IF" I am carrying plain and simple. I will obey the law (have a permit) but mall rules not so much. My safety is more important.

You are making Towson town sound like it's north avenue, park heights or liberty heights. If Towson is a place you feel like you are worried about your safety, please be thankful.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    You are making Towson town sound like it's north avenue, park heights or liberty heights. If Towson is a place you feel like you are worried about your safety, please be thankful.
    You must be kidding me. I carry everywhere I go. I don't see Towson as some scary place. I am in the very Baltimore City neighborhoods you mention about 3 days a week. I worked as a Corrections Officer for years. My point is I am not disarming to go anywhere unless it is illegal. Maybe you misunderstood but clearly you have me pegged wrong.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

If you follow "Baltimore County Breaking news" on fb you'd see that the towson area is not far off... :sad20:

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    You must be kidding me. I carry everywhere I go. I don't see Towson as some scary place. I am in the very Baltimore City neighborhoods you mention about 3 days a week. I worked as a Corrections Officer for years. My point is I am not disarming to go anywhere unless it is illegal. Maybe you misunderstood but clearly you have me pegged wrong.

Fair enough, I misread your post. I work in the areas that I mentioned around a lot of crime without the ability to have a carry permit. Some days it is the scariest job on earth but other days its isn't so bad. It just depends on the times I am in the neighborhoods.

If you follow "Baltimore County Breaking news" on fb you'd see that the towson area is not far off... :sad20:

I follow it on Facebook. A lot of the stuff downtown just doesn't get mentioned. At one of the locations I visit for my job, a double murder occurred about a month ago. A few weeks back a car drove into the parking lot, 2 women suspects got out of the car and ran... A person ran up behind the car and shot the driver thru the rear window. Last friday a 25 year old guy was shot but survived. I never heard about any of those murders on TV or in the news.

Towson is more vocal with the events that are going on. Unfortunately crime is everywhere in Maryland. You just can't avoid it unfortunately but comparing Towson to some areas is nothing.

Don't take that negative in any way.. I was just ranting, haha.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Fair enough, I misread your post. I work in the areas that I mentioned around a lot of crime without the ability to have a carry permit. Some days it is the scariest job on earth but other days its isn't so bad. It just depends on the times I am in the neighborhoods.

I follow it on Facebook. A lot of the stuff downtown just doesn't get mentioned. At one of the locations I visit for my job, a double murder occurred about a month ago. A few weeks back a car drove into the parking lot, 2 women suspects got out of the car and ran... A person ran up behind the car and shot the driver thru the rear window. Last friday a 25 year old guy was shot but survived. I never heard about any of those murders on TV or in the news.

Towson is more vocal with the events that are going on. Unfortunately crime is everywhere in Maryland. You just can't avoid it unfortunately but comparing Towson to some areas is nothing.

Don't take that negative in any way.. I was just ranting, haha.
    There is no carry in a jail or a prison either. Yet the criminals find a way to arm themselves there as well. You get used to it. I have gone into Baltimore thousands of times unarmed. Just because something doesn't scare me doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to be armed. Heck I go armed to appointments in Potomac and Bethesda. If you could, wouldn't you?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

You are wrong.

And since the County Executives buddies "Caves Valley Partners" put a TON of money into Towson the police department has "reallocated" a new unit plus 5 more officers just to handle area in and around the mall.

So yeah....follow the money.

Crime in Towson or anywhere else in the county doesn't begin to rival the worst parts of Baltimore City.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah, I admit I was exaggerating. Towson is also not the size of the entire city limits of Baltimore. So while there is obvious a greater amount of crime in the city, I'm just saying Towson is not exactly Mayberry.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Go to almost any mall in the United States and you'll see the same thing. Some malls have very prominent full color signs with red lines through the picture of a gun, others have a tiny sentence printed on their list of rules. I remember seeing these same policies in place down in all the malls I visited in Georgia years ago and Georgia is a very gun friendly state. It's all about two things: perception and liability. The owners of these establishments want the public to feel safe eating and shopping in their malls and they want to try and minimize the risk of their being sued in the event of a criminal act or negligent discharge. The fact that "No Guns" policies are completely ineffective and ridiculous doesn't matter.

For my part, I carry my firearm everywhere I go. Unless I'm entering an airport, a federal courthouse or a correctional facility, I'm going to be armed. I don't care what reputation an area has - you never know what can happen. I have been accosted and threatened in some of the most upscale and wealthy parts of the country. By the same token, I've walked from the intersection of North Avenue and Gay St at midnight in the middle of the summer with rolling luggage to get to Penn Station without anyone on the street so much as looking in my direction. Crime can happen anywhere. My personal philosophy is to enjoy life but to be prepared for bad things to interrupt said enjoyment.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    and this is why its called "concealed carry" and not "hey look at me I'm carrying a firearm."

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

The TTC doesn't have the best track record. Multiple shootings and crime is pretty high for where it is located.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom